Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 3 4 5 6 7 ...10  Previous   Next
Slip cases and slip covers with images
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
United States Posts: 13,198
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
For those that are completely clueless. let me reiterate to make it perfectly clear to those of lower intelligence. I see a problem that makes no sense to me, if i can wrap my brain around it I will be happy to contribute, irf I not I will be equally happyto keep my data to myself in this regard. Now if that is still too complex to be understood, i will happily talk to you like a I would a 4 year old. Get it. Good. Thank you for your lack of support in trying to understand this and make sense of it.

To quote, well you, "I have an idea, instread of re-hashing old ground and going over areas that have been cussed, discussed, and cussed some more. Just live with it."

We have already discussed this situation.  We discussed it with each other and we discussed it with Ken.  Achim brought up the 'Alien Quad' example and we discussed the inconsistency of the situation.  I am sorry that you didn't get involved, but such is life.  To paraphrase, well you again, "There is NOTHING you have brought up in the last few posts that has not been argued and discussed to death. I really appreciate your interest but...give it a rest." 

Quote:
I have a few ideas of what you can do with your attitude. BOTH of you. If you want to try and mentally joust with me, great, you aren't in my league, so let's play children

You are correct.  We are way out of your league. 
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
Alien with an attitude
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting ya_shin:
Quote:
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
If I felt that Ken had CLEARLY defined the Rules, I wouldn't be asking. You don't want to put yourself in the middle.

You might want to remeber that next time, before you say that the Rules are all very clear to you and you wonder why anyone could possibly have any question

Too right.  It sucks getting spanked by your own stick. 
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
- Citizen G'Kar
Alien with an attitude
Posted:
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
I had exactly the same problem Skip. When I first set up this thread I had it set up in a completely different way (as you may be able to tell from the quotes in the subsequent posts). It took me a while to get my head round what Ken intended.

I had the same problem when this first started as well.  I noticed that several other people also had the same problem.  I PMed Ken and asked him to clarify his position on the use of Slip Case and Slip Cover.  He did so and we have what we have now.

Do I like it?  Not relevant.  Do I understand it?  Not relevant.  Is it how I would do it?  Not relevant.  As I have been told, oh so many times, this is Ken's program and we will do things the way he wants us to.
- Citizen G'Kar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
Unicus:

If I want to just live with it that is fine. The the answer is that I will deal with it locally and that will be the end of it. I would prefer to try to understand the concept so that i have other options beyond that. If you are hitting me with my own stick you aren't doing a very good job. You are proving something to me, and it is probably not what you were intending, but I choose not to insult you.

Skip      
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
Alien with an attitude
Posted:
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
Darxon has it right - Ken has decided that the contents dictate how we treat the cover, not the other way round.

And please take your bickering elsewhere - I don't want this thread locked.

Sorry North.  I didn't meant to derail your thread.  After reading several posts over the last few days I felt Skip needed a taste of his own medicine.  I thought he would take it for what it was and move on.  I guess I thought wrong. 
- Citizen G'Kar
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
I changed my mind. what you are probving to me is that are so smitten withthe pathetic idea of attempting to put me down you don't even understand what i am saying. How typical.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
 Last edited: by Winston Smith
Alien with an attitude
Posted:
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
I changed my mind. what you are probving to me is that are so smitten withthe pathetic idea of attempting to put me down you don't even understand what i am saying. How typical.

Skip

Ah Skip, you crack me up.  You just don't get it do you?  How typical. 

Btw, out of respect for North, I am done with this little side trip.  Sorry again North.
- Citizen G'Kar
 Last edited: by TheMadMartian
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
Quoting Unicus69:
Quote:
  I thought he would take it for what it was and move on.  I guess I thought wrong. 

With all of the empirical data available to you both here and at Intervocative, I have no idea why you would have thought such. 
Hal
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Ahhh aother member of the Peanut Gallery heard from.   Bozo will be out in just a few minutes, boys and girls. Talk about clueless.

How truly pathetic.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
 Last edited: by Winston Smith
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRifter
Reg. Jan 27, 2002
United States Posts: 2,694
Posted:
Quoting Unicus69:
Quote:
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
For those that are completely clueless. let me reiterate to make it perfectly clear to those of lower intelligence. I see a problem that makes no sense to me, if i can wrap my brain around it I will be happy to contribute, irf I not I will be equally happyto keep my data to myself in this regard. Now if that is still too complex to be understood, i will happily talk to you like a I would a 4 year old. Get it. Good. Thank you for your lack of support in trying to understand this and make sense of it.

To quote, well you, "I have an idea, instread of re-hashing old ground and going over areas that have been cussed, discussed, and cussed some more. Just live with it."

We have already discussed this situation.  We discussed it with each other and we discussed it with Ken.  Achim brought up the 'Alien Quad' example and we discussed the inconsistency of the situation.  I am sorry that you didn't get involved, but such is life.  To paraphrase, well you again, "There is NOTHING you have brought up in the last few posts that has not been argued and discussed to death. I really appreciate your interest but...give it a rest." 

Quote:
I have a few ideas of what you can do with your attitude. BOTH of you. If you want to try and mentally joust with me, great, you aren't in my league, so let's play children

You are correct.  We are way out of your league. 

This is still a problem because while Ken made some statements and clarified a couple of things, he confused the issue on a couple things that weren't that much of an issue before.  We never used to have a problem with people knowing that a slipcase and a slipcover are different.  Nor did we have much problem with a multiple disc digipak being considered a multiple disc digipak.  A couple of us offered up a perfectly good fix that would have accomplished exactly the same end result but without the ambiguity.  Ken went partway but not all the way, and now we have some improvements but also a different sets of problems.  One step forward, two steps back.
John

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice!" Senator Barry Goldwater, 1964
Make America Great Again!
Alien with an attitude
Posted:
Quoting Rifter:
Quote:
This is still a problem because while Ken made some statements and clarified a couple of things, he confused the issue on a couple things that weren't that much of an issue before.  We never used to have a problem with people knowing that a slipcase and a slipcover are different.  Nor did we have much problem with a multiple disc digipak being considered a multiple disc digipak.  A couple of us offered up a perfectly good fix that would have accomplished exactly the same end result but without the ambiguity.  Ken went partway but not all the way, and now we have some improvements but also a different sets of problems.  One step forward, two steps back.

I honestly don't see that he confused the issue.  If we follow the logic that Darxon and North stated earlier in this this thread, it becomes quite simple.

One case inside a cardboard sleeve: use Slip Cover
Multiple cases inside a cardboard sleeve: use Slip Case
- Citizen G'Kar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRifter
Reg. Jan 27, 2002
United States Posts: 2,694
Posted:
Quoting Unicus69:
Quote:
Quoting Rifter:
Quote:

I honestly don't see that he confused the issue.  If we follow the logic that Darxon and North stated earlier in this this thread, it becomes quite simple.

One case inside a cardboard sleeve: use Slip Cover
Multiple cases inside a cardboard sleeve: use Slip Case

A slipCASE is a distinct physical object that has specific characteristics, same thing with a slipCOVER.  People are using them interchangeably with Ken's blessing because of how he defined some things.  That simply isn't right, and there is no way you can justify it.
John

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice!" Senator Barry Goldwater, 1964
Make America Great Again!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDarxon
Vescere bracis meis
Germany Posts: 742
Posted:
Now give it rest and stop stomping your feet

YOUR interpretation of the terms IS NOT that which Ken applies. That's ok, you're entitled to your own opinion and POV on things, but regarding DVDP, if they differ from the POV and definitions set forth by Ken KEEP THEM LOCAL and stop your whining.

What really amazes me is that you're usually very easy to shrug off other's ideas that differ from the rules or the statements made by Ken with just the approach outlined above, but absolutely fail to do so if your personal interpretation differs from what Ken obviously wants.

This issue is settled, and it's been settled by Ken, and with a definition that's easy to understand and follow through. So live with it and obey if you want to contribute case types, or simply keep YOUR data to yourself and refrain from submitting this field. It's so easy....
Lutz
 Last edited: by Darxon
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSpaceFreakMicha
Jesus-Freak
Germany Posts: 1,774
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Darxon:
Quote:
It's so easy....

Quoting Guns N' Roses:
Quote:
It's so easy, easy
When everybody's tryin' to
please me, baby...

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhevanw
Belgium Posts: 426
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Rifter:
Quote:

A slipCASE is a distinct physical object that has specific characteristics, same thing with a slipCOVER.  People are using them interchangeably with Ken's blessing because of how he defined some things.  That simply isn't right, and there is no way you can justify it.

*yawn*
What super authoritative dictionary are you using that you keep on bashing on the alleged semantics of these two words ?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDaddy DVD
Lost in Translation
Netherlands Posts: 2,366
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
IMO a case is a box and a cover is something to wrap around it.
Martin Zuidervliet

DVD Profiler Nederlands
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 3 4 5 6 7 ...10  Previous   Next