Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next
Knowing your collection  ( built in game )
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantPhe0nix
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I've seen scores posted in the forums above 98,000. As everyone knows the counting starts at 10,000 so you would have to hit the screen in less than 1 second to be able to GUESS your way through the game. I would like to see on the "About" screen where where it shows your high score  to also show how many titles were used when the high score was obtained. It eaiser to play using 20 carefully choosen titles that can easily be recognized by color and not cover. Also have the "About" screen not only show how many titles were used to reach the users high scrore, but have the score be based on how many titles were used. It's easier to get a higher score with 20 or 50 dvd's than it is using 1,000 dvd's.
My collection PHPdvdProfiler Custom edited ( Matrix theme )

My collection PHPmyProfiler  Some customization ( FireFox or IE 7 )
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorNewEnglander
United States Posts: 1,911
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Phe0nix:
Quote:
I've seen scores posted in the forums above 98,000. As everyone knows the counting starts at 10,000 so you would have to hit the screen in less than 1 second to be able to GUESS your way through the game. I would like to see on the "About" screen where where it shows your high score  to also show how many titles were used when the high score was obtained. It eaiser to play using 20 carefully choosen titles that can easily be recognized by color and not cover. Also have the "About" screen not only show how many titles were used to reach the users high scrore, but have the score be based on how many titles were used. It's easier to get a higher score with 20 or 50 dvd's than it is using 1,000 dvd's.

Mine is 98,500 with over 3,000 titles and close to 500 child profiles. It's pretty easy to guess if you see the part of the screen that it shows. I once guessed 7 in a row.
Signature banned: Reason out of date...
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantPhe0nix
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting pplchamp:
Quote:

I once guessed 7 in a row.

You have proved my point. Adding to the About screen the number of titles in the collection at the time the score was made and by baseing the score on this , we will see much lower scores and will
know that there was not just 20 dvd's.  While people with only 20 titles could still play they just couldn't get as high as a score as collectors with thousands. In my opionion the game wasn't intended for people to guess their way though hence the penalty for an incorrect selection. I'm sure guessing would still continue but to guess 10 out of 10 is almost impossible, and if done successfully it would stand out from the newer lower scores.
My collection PHPdvdProfiler Custom edited ( Matrix theme )

My collection PHPmyProfiler  Some customization ( FireFox or IE 7 )
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next