Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next
Synchronise over network
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantandrewmk
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Great program guys.   

I might be over fussy here though, but a synchronise over network would be handy.  I keep my PDA in it's cradle in the living area (where the TV / DVD stuff is).  Every time I add a DVD I have to move the cradle to the office, plug it in, run active synch, them move the cradle / PDA back.

Would be great to synch the database over the wireless connection that most PDA's have (a bit like 1-2 Remote does for my Itunes -- the 'other' essential PDA application -- anyone else here use it?).

Andrew
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantDr. Killpatient
Here's my card
United States Posts: 5,916
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
ActiveSync doesn't work over a network.
Posted:
Er.... yes.  I know that.

Hence the 'feature request' to have the application synch via a wireless network connection, as all / most PDA have wifi built in.

Andrew
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorBad Father
Posted:
Quoting andrewmk:
Quote:

Hence the 'feature request' to have the application synch via a wireless network connection, as all / most PDA have wifi built in.

Andrew

"Activesync" doesn't work over a network.  Submit your feature request to Microsoft .
My WebGenDVD online Collection
Posted:
Ok, I think I am at fault here for not properly explaining my 'feature request'.  I know activeync does NOT work over a wireless network.

However, there is more than one way to skin a cat.  There are loads of pocket apps out there that don't rely on activesync.  I used as my example the app 1-2 Remote (www.12remote.com).  It's a fantastic piece of software that allows me to control Itunes via the PDA.  Of course, like with DVD's my CD collection is forever growing.  However, every time I rip a new disc to Itunes (or WMP if thats your player of choice), then 1-2 Remote will resynchronise its onboard database with the PC by using the PDA's wifi connection to talk to the PC.  I don't need to redock my PDA to run MS's syncrhonisation software just because I've ripped a new CD. 

Maybe fewer people out there than I thought use wifi with their PDA?  It just seemed like one of those oh-so-neat ideas that are hugely convenient when properly implemented. 

Andrew
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantTouti
Canada Posts: 582
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting 8ballMax:
Quote:
Quoting andrewmk:
Quote:

Andrew

"Activesync" doesn't work over a network.  Submit your feature request to Microsoft .

Activesync used to work over a network.  I used to synchronize wirelessly, then MS came out with version 4.x that no longer allowed that for so called 'security reaisons' and they're doing everything they can to make sure that things won't work with older versions.

I wonder if dvd profiler would work with activesync 3.x
My 4x4 Club: Club FJ Cruiser Quebec
DVDP Français: Forum DVD Profiler Français
DVDCOL:DVD Collectors Online
Video: LG RU-42PX10
Audio: Sony DreamSystem DAVFX100W
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantOnkel Otto
Posted:
I tried to install the mobil version to my loox720 with AS 3.8
The installation fails. Guess activesync 4.xx is neccessary.
But I will not update, since the wlan sync will not work anymore 
regards
OO
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantVega
United States Posts: 585
Posted:
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantrp_63
United States Posts: 99
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Onkel Otto:
Quote:
I tried to install the mobil version to my loox720 with AS 3.8
The installation fails. Guess activesync 4.xx is neccessary.
But I will not update, since the wlan sync will not work anymore 
regards
OO

This worked for me, i upgraded to 4.5 (because it was  said i needed it for dvd pro mobile), i unfortunatly did not realize i would lose my WIFI sync. I installed the dvd pro mobile, but really wanted the wifi back. I uninstalled the 4.5 and reinstalled 3.8, setup the sync connection for wifi, made sure it worked correctly, and then started dvd profiler, and told it to sync with the mobile, it synced perfectly. So if you can't get the mobile version to install with 3.8 and have the 3.8 install file, just upgrade to 4.5 long enough to install  dvd pro mobile and then remove 4.5 and reinstall 3.8 .

Rob
 Last edited: by rp_63
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantrp_63
United States Posts: 99
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Vega:
Quote:
Perhaps this may do the trick?

This is from the Airfix website
Please note that AirFix is not designed to allow ActiveSync over a WiFi connection. Rather, it is a tool that allows you to enable the wireless network after you are already synced with the PC (e.g. with a USB ActiveSync connection).

Seems to still need the usb connection to work.

Rob
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Feature Requests Page: 1  Previous   Next