Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 43 44 45 46 47 ...53  Previous   Next
New Plugin: LoadDVD - Open/Play Media and Automation Client
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,396
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
LoadDVDV2.29 Available

- Added more error handling in the "missing online links" scan
- Missing online links scan will now use only the displayed profiles, not the whole collection. This allows you to subset the scans in any convenient manner.

Known bug: Missing Links scan will often have 1 extraneous profile flagged, which usually goes away if a second scan is done thereafter. Not sure why yet.

@Dsig: I responded also in the other thread, Thanks again.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
LoadDVD V2.30 Available

- Recompiled to support DVDP 3.8.1

Not Compatible with any prior version.
Thanks for your support.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
LoadDVD V2.31 Available

- Supports DVDP 3.8.1 and beyond ONLY
- Support for External Automation commands
- Two new automation commands provided  [DVD], [RCF]
- [PLY] command enhanced to select a particular profile
- Pro version will be updated in August

LoadDVD and LoadDVD Pro can now perform as automation servers in the mediadogg a/v Automation System. This means that whole house and media automation can be performed from anywhere in the internet (depending on router settings). Most people will use these commands only within their local Home Network. These commands can be sent from any device or program within the IP netwrok, including wireless devices such as tablets and smartphones.

LoadDVD is limited to the support of the following commands, at this time:
  • [RCF] command file path – immediately runs the DVD Profiler command file.

• [DVD] profileID – selects the indicated profile within DVD Profiler. All valid profileID formats are supported.

• [PLY] disc# - performs the LoadDVD Play/Retrieve action for the selected disc. Equivalent to Ctrl+disc#.

• [PLY] filepath – quick way to play a media file

• LoadDVD Pro, when released in August will support the ENTIRE a/v automation command set, including changer control and the sending of IR codes. The a/v Automation User Guide will be updated when LoadDVD Pro is updated and becomes available.

Automation commands may be sent from any TCP/IP client to the IP address where LoadDVD is running (inside DVD Profiler), and by default to port 4747. The port number can be changed in the LoadDVD options panel “Cmd Port”. The new port will take effect after the next restart of DVD Profiler.

The program RunAction.exe is provided as a convenient vehicle to send commands from the Windows environment. It is located in the …\plugins\LoadDVD folder. You may also use any other program or script of your choice to send commands to DVD Profiler, through LoadDVD.

Syntax: RunAction “command” ipaddress port
    Example: RunAction “[DVD] 043396059900”  192.168.1.125 4747

Syntax details in this document.

Please Note: Due to personal priorities, very little support for this release can be provided until early August. Please save a copy of your prior release environment in case you need to revert in the interim.
    Thanks for your support.
    DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRobAGD
    United States Posts: 706
    Posted:
    PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
    sounds like some big changes coming, very nice.

Well as an added bonus laptop puked again so its down for the next week waiting on parts.

-R
    DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMandrakerino
    Posted:
    PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
    Hello mediadogg. not sure what I'm doing wrong but, having 2 files on my note field, only the first one is recognized. I have inserted 2 discs on my disc list and have a note text like the following:

[filepath disc=1]I:\21\21 CD1.mkv[/filepath]
    [filepath disc=2]I:\21\21 CD2.mkv[/filepath]

do I have to use some kind of separator? That's not clear on your walkthrough.
    The LoadDVD plugin version I use is the 2.31 on DVD Profiler 3.81. My laptop is a Windows 7 X64.

As in the instructions I put "file" in field "location" and nothing in field "slot"

Thank you in advance for your answer
    Aim high. Ride the wind.
    Posted:
    Did you put the word "file" in the Location for both discs? They are independent.

If that is OK, try disc="01" format. I made some changes and maybe have a bug in there.
    Thanks for your support.
    Posted:
    PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
    Thanks for the answer. "file" is on both and either using disc="01" or disc=01 doesn't work as well.
    DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdtsig
    Just asking questions man
    United States Posts: 352
    Posted:
    Mediadogg,  this look really nice.  2 quick questions

1) if i am not using a changer, all video files are on drives, what does the pro version bring?
    2) is there anyway to use something other than Location on personal page for the word 'file'.  I currently use it for a couple differences purpose.  Most importantly is where the disc is.  In a drawer, office shelf etc.

Since the personal data is limited I am not sure where else to keep this information.  I could probably work out some tags ..

edited: maybe adding it to the calling parameter like .
    [filepath disc="1" location=file]F:\Pleasentville.avi[/filepath]

Then if it is there use it .. if not look in the location field

Thoughts

Thank you
    David
     Last edited: by dtsig
    Aim high. Ride the wind.
    Posted:
    See your question, but LoadDVD now has gotten a bit complex in coding because of the unique things I tried to do for people. You see from the posts that I broke it recently when I put in new things. So I cannot agree to change the way Location works - that is too fundamental, and I'm sure an lot of stuff will get messed up. I am vacation for a few days. We can continue ideas until I return, then  we go from there.
    Thanks for your support.
    Aim high. Ride the wind.
    Posted:
    Quoting Mandrakerino:
    Quote:
    Thanks for the answer. "file" is on both and either using disc="01" or disc=01 doesn't work as well.

Of course you know I meant "02" for disc 2, etc., ....
    Thanks for your support.
    Aim high. Ride the wind.
    Posted:
    @dtsig,

Two options for you:

(1) There is a way to use "default" mode, where loaddvd uses information from the options panel - default drive. Don't ask me how. I forgot. We both have to read something ... so I ask you to take a look.
    (2) LoadDVD will ignore stuff after the space after the word "file", to allow people to put in other stuff - which is your situation. Just put "file " in front of your other information.

LoadDVD Pro has a built-in player, automatic ISO virtual disk, Netflix and YouTube support and other stuff. And I am more tolerant of email support. But you already got VIP status, so you can get LoadDVD for free - just send me an email when I get back in a few days. 
    Thanks for your support.
    Posted:
    Quoting mediadogg:
    Quote:
    Quoting Mandrakerino:
    Quote:

Of course you know I meant "02" for disc 2, etc., ....

Hello this is what I did without success:

[filepath disc="01"]I:\21\21 CD1.mkv[/filepath]
    [filepath disc="02"]I:\21\21 CD2.mkv[/filepath]

both discs have "file" word in the location field

bye
    Posted:
    @mediadogg, thanks for the quick reply.  I will again read the documentation page (is there more than what i saw on the download page that i have missed?) and try to gleam how to use the 'default' mode as you suggest.

I did forget to mention, and i don't have my system in front of me to walk through the steps, but if you use the menu options to 'find' the file you want to link to... it actually deletes your information from the location box and replaces it with 'file'.  Maybe this could be enhanced to append file to the beginning of the string?

I will send you an email later next week as you suggested.

Have a good weekend
    David
    Posted:
    @mediadogg,

Know you are on vacation so no hurry when you get back.  Just wanted to follow up a bit while i was thinking on it.

First, please don't take anything i say as a challenge or diss on you abilities etc.  Seems that sometimes people read me the wrong way.  That is NOT what is intended here.  Simply coming at it as a developer myself who has to work with users not only on processing but also UI issues .. i know it is a pain <G> .. 'nuff said.

1) I have read and re-read your documentation available on the download webpage for LoadDVD and am failing to understand the 'default' option you mentioned.  I will continue to try to different things in the OPTIONS of the plug in and see what i get.  Will also continue reading the 45 pages here in hopes of finding something.  Sorry if I missed it some where.  I have also looked at General Information About ...

2) As a developer I tend to discuss things with other developers (how, why etc) in a hope for better understanding of a product AND possibly to learn new methods for my self.  I don't thing any of use KNOW everything .. and learning by example/explanation is a great way to go.  Having said that .. iI am just musing on why the 'file' or 'changer0' etc is not included in the [/filepath] tag that is necessary in NOTES.  It would seem to me that having all the information needed by LoadDVD in one place would make it stronger?  Less possible for breakage/user error.

Once again .. this is just a question.  If you don't want to answer/discuss this that is fine.  Just don't take it as a challenge etc.

thank you
    David
    Aim high. Ride the wind.
    Posted:
    If in fact you are a developer, I suggest you think about what you would have to do to retrieve information from Notes vs. a fixed database field, performance, reliability, etc. That's the "BS" answer.

Real answer: I don't remember. Look at the date on the first LoadDVD post and he number of plugins I have, plus I have a full and wonderful life. I do my best - use it not, your choice.

By the way, I often use search options rather than read the entire contents of a thread. Just a suggestion.

I just tried it (seach loaddvd default in plugins forum - any date) and got the First Post with exact instructions. This is why sometimes people question your approach to things.
    Thanks for your support.
    Posted:
    <g>

See, I almost like you "BS" answer (although not sure why you said "if in fact you are a developer" .. But getting use to retorts like that.

and the bit about "... - use it not, your choice. .. ".  I just don't get this.  OF COURSE it is my choice.  But i was simply asking questions about technique at this point.  I even wrote a bunch of words so that i wouldn't ruffle any feathers when I asked the questions.  But to no avail.

And that is okay too .. you have the choice how you want to respond ... and you showed you choice.

Have a great vacation ..

Thank you for your reply
    David
        Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 43 44 45 46 47 ...53  Previous   Next