Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Synchronising with Windows Mobile 5 problem!!
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantwillemvanarkel
Respect2all
Netherlands Posts: 10
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi,

I installed the trial version to my mobile phone and everything went just fine. Now I am trying to install my complete collection and I run into trouble everytime. I tried it three times now and eveything goes well untill the synchronisation reaches the option save indexes. I get a message saying the folder cannot be created. It doesn't say what folder or why it cannot be created. Is there anyone that can help? It should be working fine if it worked with just 20 DVD's. Now everytime I try to synchronise it does transfer all the DVD's and the Images, which takes about 30 minutes and then it stoppes again saying that the index folder cannot be created. Please help!!

Thanks,
Willem.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorNightHawke
DVDP since June 2, 2001
United States Posts: 61
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Are you installing to main memory or to a memory card?  When I first installed mobile to my Treos 700wx using the default locations, I had a similar problem (I have over 6000 profiles in my db).  Once I told it to store on the "Storage Card" ( I have a 2 gig SD card in my Treos) everything transferred fine.  May not be the problem, but sounds awfully close to the one I had.  Worth asking the question I thought.
NightHawke
Wherever I go, there I am!?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorm.cellophane
tonight's the night...
United States Posts: 3,480
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting NightHawke:
Quote:
Are you installing to main memory or to a memory card?  When I first installed mobile to my Treos 700wx using the default locations, I had a similar problem (I have over 6000 profiles in my db).  Once I told it to store on the "Storage Card" ( I have a 2 gig SD card in my Treos) everything transferred fine.  May not be the problem, but sounds awfully close to the one I had.  Worth asking the question I thought.

That's exactly what happened to me. All was fine once I directed everything to the storage card.
...James

"People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That’s my burden, I guess." ~ Dexter Morgan
Respect2all
Posted:
Thanks guys, That is exactly right. I installed everything on the memory card and it just works fine now. I missed the option where you need to point out where you want the profiles to be installed. You helped out fine. Thanks again!!
Respect2all
Posted:
Hi guys,

I was a little to enthousiastic. I managed to transfer all my DVD's to the smart phone, but now I am having trouble refreshing the data. I have a few new films I have added to my collection and IK want to synch with the mobile phone. Everything goes alright until the synchronisation reaches the option send collection profiles. There everything stops and I get the message to obtain the latets version of DVD profiler and after that the message unable to make the mobile folder.

Can anyone help once again?

Thanks,
Willem.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantjohnd
Evening, poetry lovers.
Australia Posts: 298
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Make sure you are using either the current release version of DVDProfiler and DVDProfiler Mobile together, or the RC versions of DVDProfiler and DVDProfiler Mobile together. Don't try to mix release versions and RC versions.
Respect2all
Posted:
Hello johnd,

what is the RC version of DVD Profiler and DVD Profiler mobile? I installed the two versions shown on the downloads page!
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpenk
Posted:
Links to the beta versions are posted as the fist post in the Beta forums of each product...
Links: Profiler
Mobile
 Last edited: by penk
Respect2all
Posted:
I don't know what went wrong, but I seem to be able to sync my mobile phone with the DVD profiler version again. I intalled the beta version of DVD Profiler on my PC and everything worked. The only strange thing is that I now have the beta version installed on my PC and the regular released version on my Mobile phone (or is the mobile version 1.0.3.118 still a beta version?), which is against all believes I think. Nevertheless I hope it will keep on working this way. Thnaks for all your concerns. I hope I don't have to bother you again.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler Mobile: Mobile Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next