Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
I can't add titles anymore
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantflipperken
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I installed DVD Profiler on my new laptop. After restoring my backup, I want to continue to supplement my collection. I always enter everything manually. Now I get a message that the online profile list is required to perform this operation. Is there a way around this so that I can simply enter it manually without retrieving the online profile list?

It's the first movie I'm going to add to this laptop. I first made a backup of profiler on my old one, installed the program on the new one, installed the backup there, that all worked out perfectly, except now that problem with adding
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,601
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Invelos just replaced their server so there are still some side effects. The is an end of file error message window that pops up behind another popup. If you drag that window out from under the other popup you can select OK and then it will proceed and allow you to added or contribute new profiles.
Posted:
Hello,

The popup you mean is "unexpected end of file"?
If I press cross or OK here, I get the following message:

"Cannot download file. Continue anyway? If this error persists, please check your internet connection."
If i cross here, i get the following message:

The "connection troubleshooting guide" is a section of the DVD profiler help file that contains general solutions to download problems. Yes No
I choose no

Then a message appears again: The online profile list is required for this option and has not yet been retrieved. Pick up now? Yes No? I choose no

If I have followed these steps I still cannot add anything :-(
When I want to add a title, all notifications appear again one by one

I have been working with this program for years, I have already added more than 14,000 titles, most of them manually. It would be a shame if all this work was for nothing

Help! :'(
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,601
Posted:
Copy the OnlineList.dod file from your old laptop to your new laptop. The file location should be:

[drive]:\Users\[user account]\AppData\Local\DVD Profiler
 Last edited: by rdodolak
Posted:
My old laptop was formatted and I gave it to my son :-(
All I have is a full backup of profiler
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorgreyghost
United States Posts: 1,408
Posted:
Under the support tab select downloading then I'm unable to download the online profile list.

Answer:

You can download the online profile list directly from your browser and save it to your "My Documents\DVD Profiler" directory. The next time you start DVD Profiler, it will automatically import the downloaded file.

Download the file by right-clicking on the download link below and selecting "Save Target As". Then, browse to your "My Documents" folder, then into "DVD Profiler" from there. Save the downloaded file.

Download link: OnlineList.dod

When you next open DVD Profiler it will process this online profile list.
 Last edited: by greyghost
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdeepred
Posted:
Thanks a lot, it works now!
Posted:
It functions!
Thanks a lot!
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdeepred
Posted:
Actually it only worked the first time. Now the popup window is back... (even though I can add profiles)
Posted:
Indeed, the pop-up keeps coming back when restarting 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantGabrielseraphim
Posted:
I tried that, but it's still not working.  Hopefully they get the server issues resolved eventually.  I know it's working for some, but not all
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next