Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next
Report for exporting info to Letterboxd
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnjdcampbell
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi,

I'd like to add my DVD Profiler movies to my Letterboxd account.  The standard Collection export doesn't give me the fields I need and throws up lots of errors.  Has anyone developed or know of a report that could be used to do this?  Thanks
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,526
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
You could use ProfilerQuery. Run a query with the required fields, then Save result to file, which will create a CSV file. Then edit the file to add the appropriate column headings.

One thing, ProfilerQuery saves with semicolon as field separators. Letterboxd needs comma separated fields. So either use a text editor to change all semicolons into commas, or load the CSV file into a spreadsheet and re-save specifying comma separators. And with 1200+ profiles, you might consider splitting the CSV file into several smaller parts. Just make sure you add column headings to each part.

Note though, that with just Title, Production year (and possibly Director) to identify the movie, it will be a bit of hit and miss, so check the summary before completing the import.

Feel free to PM me if you get stuck.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhydr0x
Germany Posts: 877
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting njdcampbell:
Quote:
Hi,

I'd like to add my DVD Profiler movies to my Letterboxd account.  The standard Collection export doesn't give me the fields I need and throws up lots of errors.  Has anyone developed or know of a report that could be used to do this?  Thanks

I did do it, trying to remember which way exactly. I definitely created the generic letterboxd CSV format. All it needs is a Title and Year column really.

You can certainly use ProfilerQuery, or the CSV Export extension by Mark Harrison, but I think I actually used Enhanced Titles by DJ Doena (http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=784989) as it also has a Export to Excel function which already only includes titles and year. After exporting I opened it in LibreOffice, sorted by Original Title, and copied over the Title to the Original Title for every release which has an empty Original Title. That way you have one column which only Original Titles, which works best with Letterboxd.
- Jan
 Last edited: by hydr0x
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,526
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
One thing to note is that if you intend to import your movie ratings from DVD Profiler, and your PC's regional settings specify decimal comma rather than decimal point, then you may have a problem, because Letterboxd expects numerical values with decimal point.

I haven't tried Enhanced Titles, so I'm not sure if it can force export with decimal point. My guess is that it can't. I know that ProfilerQuery can not.

But the again, this won't be a problem if you're in a "decimal point country" (or if you're willing to fiddle with your regional settings).
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1  Previous   Next