Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
DVD-Player Software for PC
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMagmadrag
Master of childprofiles
Germany Posts: 453
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
For a couple of years meanwhile DVDs have to show their German speakers (in Germany for sure), and this happens in the "titles after the end titles". But on Computer it's a horrible job to get them.

I did it with VLC-Player and with Leawo BluRay-Player but the problem remains the same!

Usually those titles are kind of a dia show of 3 pictures. The first one nearly always is shown without any problem but all further.... I am suddenly back in the menue. I tried to slow down the speed to 1/2, 1/3 or even 1/5 and very sometimes this works - if I am lucky. But there is no guarantee...

So actually I am a little bit frustrated as I would like to add this (missing) data to 7 seasons of a TV Show. One season I got done, and this was nearly no problem. Possivle the structure of the DVD-System was different, I don't know. Starting with Ep. 1 of the next season, I got to see the first page of the spearkers and no matter how slow I played, the rest remained hidden.

Any idea which software (freeware) could handle this without any drama?

The only alternative solution would be to watch them on TV, write down the speakers to paper and then add them on PC into profiler. But 7 seasons with 20+ episodes each makes that too much work.

I only can hope that someone knows a good software or has had the problem himself and found a practicable solution?
Master of childprofiles
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It seems that someone from VLC read this thread...^^

Today I got an update for the VLC Player and now the problem is solved - at least for DVDs. I am curious about the next time I get seasons on BluRay. Missing the last two of Gomorrha, and the two I did so far were hell of a job
Master of childprofiles
Posted:
And another unconventional experience....

I always thought that at least all discs of one season should have been created with the same kind of "structure". Oh, what a fail!

From the first disc of Season 5 I could get all the data of the voice actors with slowing down the speed to 1/2 - but no matter how slow I did it from Disc 2 to the rest of the season: The slides with the voice actors were shown sooo fast that I even wasn't able to click on pause within that short time.

My last post before I wrote when I started Season 3. Season 4 than brought the next "adventure": Playable with Leawo, but VLC only showed me a grey screen instead of the menu. And Leawo was as fast as always, not able to show me what I needed to see.

So I had no choice than to search for another player, willing to try one I have never heard before. At least in this case (do I need to say: "so far"? I don't know if it will work for season 6 - 8 then, but so far it did a good job) I was lucky that my first download - only a test version of "ZOOM Player Max" - fullfilled all the promises VLC always makes...

I started the ZOOM with the 2nd disc of Season 5, and it was a very positive surprise that there is a software which plays clips in the same speed a DVD-Player does on TV. I didn't want to get disappointed one more time, and all my hope was with this software. So after finishing the 5th season, I gave the 4th one a try and it was very satisfying to see the menu now + got shown the slides with the voice actors not only in a good speed but with enough time to click on PAUSE to write down all the names before going on to the next slide.

The final info might be a shock for all German collectors:

In 2015 (other sources say 2018) there was installed kind of a rule that every release (movies, series, even documentaries) has to show the german speakers. When I got sick of all those unexplainable technical problems I checked out some existing profiles... and recognized what I expected: We have countless profiles of (german) discs released since this rule was installed - and only a very small part of them (I'd like to say < 3 %) so far has any german speaker listed in the profile. My check only included some series... so when I am done with the rest of "Grey's Anatomy", the next "job" will be three complete series with totally 27 seasons and 569 episodes... and they are just the beginning. This new rule enhanced the available data for countless profiles... and the work adding all those speakers to every single episode, movie and documentary....

No more time for watching, to much work with filling profiles with missing data....^^
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorrdodolak
United States Posts: 1,601
Posted:
Weird that you can't slow it down more than 0.5x. Why not use the frame advance option? That way you can at least pause the stream in close proximity to the intended credits then advance frame by frame until you see the credits you want.
Master of childprofiles
Posted:
Well, it might be possible to slow down VLC to frame-by-frame speed, I never tried that. Why? There timeline is not that real. So e. g. an episode has 41.26 Min. I move the mouse arrow to the end of the timeline, see kind of "41.20" and click. And VLC never moves to the time I saw before my click but 10 - 20 seconds earlier. And just to imagine how long a second is watching it frame-by-frame and then how long 20 - 30 seconds are.... before I reach the credits after the end credits.

I am totally satisfied that the ZOOM Player doesn't need to slow down. All works fine and I am nearly done with the (first) series
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next