Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
Unable to connect iPad to sync with dvd profiler
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantbrm59
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
If anyone can help please?

Each time I try to connect my iPad to update my DVD collection.
I keep getting the message "unable to connect"
the settings for the server ip address and the port match the settings for my collection on my pc?
and sharing is active on the PC.
If you can help I would be most grateful.
Regards
Brian.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnanoron
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Check your DVD Profiler settings and make sure "local network" is switched on.
Posted:
Also make sure your Windows PC local network is set to PRIVATE. See below on how to do this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantbrm59
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi Nanoron,
Thank you for your suggestions I had Local network switched on and I changed it over to Private as you suggested.
Unfortunately my iPad was still displaying the message "unable to connect" to update database?
If you or anyone else has any other methods I could try, I'd be most grateful.

I have another question.
Is Invelos support still available directly or is the only help now coming from the application users?
Regards
Brian.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,526
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Could be a firewall issue. Make sure port 32847 (or whatever) is allowed.

And as for support, yes it seems that community support is all we have.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
Posted:
Also check your antivirus software. Turn it off and see if it makes a difference. If it does, then adjust the settings when you turn it back on.
In addition, make sure you typed the server name in properly on your iPad. It is at the bottom of the Windows DVDProfiler window. You can use the IP address instead, which is also at the bottom of the window. Try them both. One may work while the other won't.
If you have an iPhone, see if you have the same problem connecting. It may help you diagnose your problem.
Finally, make sure DVD Profiler is open and running on your PC when you try to connect.
Posted:
Last, but not least try deleting DVD Profiler on both your PC and iPad, rebooting both, then reinstalling them. Always worth a try with networking issues.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next