Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next
iOS 17 & iPadOS 17 seem OK
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnanoron
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I took the plunge and updated my iPhone to iOS 17 and my iPad to iPadOS 17. As far as I can tell, DVD Profiler seems to be working fine. Quite a relief.
Posted:
I did notice that the search box no longer appears at the top in the Showcase tab when I scroll down on my iPad. It does still appear at the top right, but while you can enter search data and search, you can't read it since it is black text on a black background. My iPhone does not have this problem. Irritating but still useable. I'll see if I can figure out a setting to stops this from happening.
Posted:
The search box in the Collection tab on my iPad still works as it did before. So I guess if you want to read what you are searching for, you need to do it in the Collection tab. Once again, irritating but still useable.
Posted:
Just updated to iPadOS 17.01 and iOS 17.01. DVD Profiler still seems to be working OK except for the black text on a black background in the search box of the Showcase tab on my iPad. Annoying, but not a major problem. I think we are good for another year.
If anyone notices anything else please report it here.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,526
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting nanoron:
Quote:
Just updated to iPadOS 17.01 and iOS 17.01. DVD Profiler still seems to be working OK except for the black text on a black background in the search box of the Showcase tab on my iPad. Annoying, but not a major problem. I think we are good for another year.
If anyone notices anything else please report it here.

Thanks nanoron! Good to know. I haven't updated my iPad yet, but I will now!
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
Posted:
I just noticed an odd behavior after updating to iPadOS 17. The Rotten Tomatoes screen is truncated on the right side. Even odder, this only happens with movies and not with TV. iOS on my iPhone works normally. I don't know when this started. Once again, annoying but not a major problem.
Posted:
I just updated to iOS 17.2 & iPadOS 17.2 and, as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working.

I found a workaround for my iPad Rotten Tomatoes issue. While the main Rotten Tomatoes screen is truncated on the right, if you hit the critic reviews link, the reviews come up properly.
Posted:
iOS 17.3 & iPadOS 17.3 seem OK as well.
Posted:
I think I'll delay updating to iOS 17.4 until the online server issues are resolved. No need to conflate these two.
Posted:
Since things seemed to gave stabilized somewhat at the website, I updated to iOS 17.4. So far so good. No noticeable difference..
Posted:
Everything seems the same with iOS 17.4.1.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantPoppyberlin
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Since the Update 17.04.1 can no longer Save the newly entered Films and Update them on the other iPad ty
Posted:
I'm pretty sure the problem is with the new server and not with iOS. I have an iPhone running iOS 12 and it has the same update problem. Check out the other recent posts I put some more details there.
Posted:
POPPYBERLIN  If you don't have the PC version, you can still upload/download new titles on your iOS devices as long as you don't add any personal info. This is a stopgap measure, in the hope that they will fix this problem. If they don't, your only good choices are to get the PC version or switch to a different iOS app. If you have an Intel Mac, you can use Apple's Bootcamp to load Windows 10 free from Microsoft. Works great!
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Technical Support Page: 1  Previous   Next