Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1  Previous   Next
Has DVD Profiler development ended?
biwek86619
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It been a long time since any updates. Does anyone know if development has stopped on it?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDanae Cassandra
United States Posts: 2,877
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
While no one can say anything for sure except Ken, I assume development has ceased and will therefore not be disappointed if nothing ever happens and delighted if something did.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield
biwek86619
Posted:
Ah okay, gotcha 
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorVoltaire53
Missed again!
United Kingdom Posts: 2,293
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Danae Cassandra:
Quote:
While no one can say anything for sure except Ken, I assume development has ceased and will therefore not be disappointed if nothing ever happens and delighted if something did.

That's essentially my feeling, though as many have said in the past, the 'one off fee' business model isn't really sustainable if a product stops growing or doesn't NEED any new features (HDR 10+ box would be nice but hardly necessary and 8K is never going to hit physical).

I (and again others) have said they would be willing to *optionally* pay a small annual fee to keep development going (especially, in my case, support of the Android version to maintain compatibility with new versions of Android, Pixel phones etc.) even if the changes were minor... or helped support tickets etc be addressed.
It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong
 Last edited: by Voltaire53
dordle12
Posted:
This website has a wealth of important information. You can unwind and play your favorite games here: run 3
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoombear
Yosemite Sam Fan
Canada Posts: 1,100
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Last peep from Ken was the start of 2019 I believe. something has happened, but nothing positive or productive as far as DVD Profiler goes.
evawillms
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Your positivity and enthusiasm are truly inspiring.
    Invelos Forums->General: New Users Forum Page: 1  Previous   Next