Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Feature Requests Page: 1... 7 8 9 10 11  Previous   Next
"Cast & Crew Creator"
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMagmadrag
Master of childprofiles
Germany Posts: 453
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Well, as I have kind of "unknown" troubles with other plugins I might need to do was I tried to avoid: Format my system... and then starting at Zero.
I am scared of the time I have to invest until all software is back, but slowly but sure I don't see any alternative way
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,402
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Magmadrag:
Quote:
Well, as I have kind of "unknown" troubles with other plugins I might need to do was I tried to avoid: Format my system... and then starting at Zero.
I am scared of the time I have to invest until all software is back, but slowly but sure I don't see any alternative way

I don't know your circumstances, but my suggestion would be to get the cheapest little mini-PC, stick computer, whatever. Just for DVD Profiler. Don't mess with existing system.
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
Master of childprofiles
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
This system/computer is 3 if not 4 years old. In such a long time a lot of "trash" hides anywhere. Nearly no Uninstall does it's job complete etc. Always a Windows problem... and I was used to re-built me whole system every couple of years. As I didn't since I bought this one, sooner or later I MUST - no matter if I like it or not. Sometimes this is the only "medicine"... and at least after that all is cleaned up and I might "forget" to install all the software I haven't used for years...
And it is definitely cheaper than buying the cheapest mini

But I'll wait some days - if anybody else has the same troubles after installation and can't see your smart tool ;-)
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Good idea. I don't agree that it is cheaper. time is money. And it is good to have a backup. That cheap PC stick I showed you is cheaper than a windows license or new SSD.

But yes, I will keep you posted on my tests with loading on another PC in my house.
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Everything worked on my Windows 11 Lenovo tablet, and it was fast.

Windows 11 does have a feature "Unblock" which you might need to do when using a file from another computer. I used the files from the link I posted.
Thanks for your support.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhydr0x
Germany Posts: 877
Posted:
For me, the installation works (Windows 11), somewhat. Installer runs fine after allowing it, the plugin shows up in the View Plugins dialog. However, it's not enabled. When I try to enable it I get an error: "The selected plugin's load function failed."
- Jan
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Quoting hydr0x:
Quote:
For me, the installation works (Windows 11), somewhat. Installer runs fine after allowing it, the plugin shows up in the View Plugins dialog. However, it's not enabled. When I try to enable it I get an error: "The selected plugin's load function failed."

I think I might have fixed that, but not yet uploaded, but I honestly don't remember. Let me do that right away. It will be called V1.6 to avoid confusion.
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Ok, V1.6 of DVDPFauxAPI is uploaded. But I need to make a change in CCCreator to the dummy file creation function. Loading the Common Names and Accepted BYs works Ok.
Thanks for your support.
Posted:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Quoting hydr0x:
Quote:

I think I might have fixed that, but not yet uploaded, but I honestly don't remember. Let me do that right away. It will be called V1.6 to avoid confusion.

Sorry, still experiencing the same issue.
- Jan
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Do you have these files?

Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 0639-2184

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\DVD Profiler\Plugins\DVDPFauxAPI

06/14/2023  09:27 PM    <DIR>          .
06/14/2023  09:27 PM    <DIR>          ..
06/14/2023  09:25 PM            46,592 DVDPFauxAPI.dll
06/14/2023  09:27 PM            41,400 DVDPFauxAPI.tlb
06/14/2023  09:27 PM            6,248 unins000.dat
06/14/2023  09:26 PM          725,212 unins000.exe
08/11/2017  08:07 PM          119,296 XDMessaging.Lite.dll
              5 File(s)        938,748 bytes
              2 Dir(s)  108,762,705,920 bytes free
Thanks for your support.
Aim high. Ride the wind.
Posted:
Well  I was able to load Magmadrag's database and create the dummy profile, but I can confirm that exporting xml crashes just before finishing. Even on my best laptop running Windows 11. I am really curious, so I will try to create the Export using my own plugin code and see what happens.
Thanks for your support.
Master of childprofiles
Posted:
"Nice", that export of my collection even doesn't work at your machine... More and more I am in believing that it might be all those special letters which are too much for the old Windows-Standard
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorGSyren
Profiling since 2001
Sweden Posts: 4,526
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Magmadrag:
Quote:
More and more I am in believing that it might be all those special letters which are too much for the old Windows-Standard

And I'm convinced that it's something else. Those characters appear in so many profiles that it would have been discovered long ago if they caused problems of this nature. But the only known problem is that they display incorrectly.
My freeware tools for DVD Profiler users.
Gunnar
Master of childprofiles
Posted:
Quote:
And I'm convinced that it's something else. Those characters appear in so many profiles that it would have been discovered long ago if they caused problems of this nature. But the only known problem is that they display incorrectly.

The only chance to find out at least the first profile which causes troubles is to export every single one and check if it works. But with 28.000 profiles this is an unimaginable work.

My database is constantly and regulary repaired/cleaned up, so all data still is fine - except the export. And after trying nearly every idea of anybody what "it could be" without any change and spending weeks for that I gave up. Partially export works (DJDoena asked me to do it with just the F-Profiles), but to find out which profile IS the problem is timely much too intensive for me. Especially as I am quite busy these days with correction of all the wrong BYs in so far several hundred profiles. And I am only done with the actors up to "N".
Posted:
Quoting mediadogg:
Quote:
Do you have these files?

I'm afraid all the files do indeed exist
- Jan
Posted:
Quoting Magmadrag:
Quote:
Quote:

The only chance to find out at least the first profile which causes troubles is to export every single one and check if it works. But with 28.000 profiles this is an unimaginable work.

It is not. Just half it every time. Select the first 14k profiles, and export. If it works, the issue is with the other 14k. The 14k that fail, split into 2x 7k and try the export. Repeat until done. It takes 15 such splits to determine the problematic profile.
- Jan
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Feature Requests Page: 1... 7 8 9 10 11  Previous   Next