Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 7 8 9 10 11 ...14  Previous   Next
Possessives removals
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorTracer
United States Posts: 951
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting northbloke:
Quote:
That's why I started this thread before submitting, as I wasn't 100% sure it was the right thing to do.
It hasn't gone to the screener stage yet, so no decision has been made.

Edit: however, the change to both child profiles have been accepted.

However currently that profile is setup as a Box Set and not as the single movie Hellraiser with the bonus movie Hellraiser II.  I would think you need to reprofile the as a single movie to apply the new title rule?
Are you local?
This is a local shop the strangers you would bring would not understand us, our customs, our local ways.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorLopek
Lovely day for a...
United Kingdom Posts: 813
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting tlevel:
Quote:
Quoting Bodi:
Quote:
This really has not been a good week for the Skipster...wrong on the whole quotes thing and now wrong again on this credit block thing...it's a shame!

I don't think Skippy will see it that way. In his world, this is exactly what he was saying all along, you just didn't understand him.  

Classic... and so right!
Andy

"Credited as" Names Database
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributornorthbloke
United Kingdom Posts: 5,459
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Tracer:
Quote:

However currently that profile is setup as a Box Set and not as the single movie Hellraiser with the bonus movie Hellraiser II.  I would think you need to reprofile the as a single movie to apply the new title rule?

Yeah, I thought that too, but wasn't 100% comfortable with that - it's just a new rule, and I'm still getting my head round it. I figured the title change would do for now, and I could worry about the profile change later.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantkdh1949
Have Gun Will Travel
United States Posts: 2,394
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
You've got blocks.  Use them!

Oh, you mean like you do?  I should block you, Hal, and then make some derogatory comment every time your name comes up in a thread? Is that a worthwhile, productive way to spend time?  I think not.

I'd hope blocking you doesn't become necessary.  Often you have something very useful to say, something germaine to the topic being discussed, whether or not I agree with what you're saying.

Your constant sniping at Skip serves absolutely no useful purpose, unless your intent is to provoke him into making another long winded reply, which you know will happen.  Why am I wrong to think that is your only reason for posting those unnecessary comments?
Another Ken (not Ken Cole)
Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
DVD Profiler user since June 15, 2001
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantCool_doodad
Canada Posts: 404
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
Your constant sniping at Skip serves absolutely no useful purpose, unless your intent is to provoke him into making another long winded reply, which you know will happen.  Why am I wrong to think that is your only reason for posting those unnecessary comments?

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I don't know if you've noticed this, but if nobody calls Skippy out, then Skippy takes the attitude that he owns the place. Everything must meet with his approval, or so he believes. The more Skippy does with his long winded replies, as you say, the more people will get to know the real Skip. He doesn't know anything about database design, he doesn't know anything about debating, he doesn't know much about anything, only to say that he does. But he can never say anything to actually prove it.

Newbies come here then thinking that he actually knows something and pretty soon the whole database is Skip approved and screwed up.
The Other DVD Forum
Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantjohnd
Evening, poetry lovers.
Australia Posts: 298
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting tlevel:
Quote:

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I don't know if you've noticed this, but if nobody calls Skippy out, then Skippy takes the attitude that he owns the place. Everything must meet with his approval, or so he believes.

Absolutely. Skip has got away with this for too long. Since the forum owners are silent over this, I take it as tacit approval for us to police our own forums. Skip needs to be called out every single time he tries to bully someone into accepting his point of view as gospel and fact. This includes pointing out his long rants where he tries to howl down anyone with a view different to his.

The fact that a decision has been made on this in the rules discussion, but he continues to try to subvert it in other threads, is a good example.
 Last edited: by johnd
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:

Oh, you mean like you do?  I should block you, Hal, and then make some derogatory comment every time your name comes up in a thread? Is that a worthwhile, productive way to spend time?  I think not.

I'd hope blocking you doesn't become necessary.  Often you have something very useful to say, something germaine to the topic being discussed, whether or not I agree with what you're saying.

You are free to do whatever you please here in this forum as long as it does not violate the forum Rules set up by Ken.

As am I.

Like I said, if you do not wish to read what I post, block me.

Otherwise, quit your whining!
Hal
 Last edited: by hal9g
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
Quoting johnd:
Quote:
Quoting tlevel:
Quote:

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I don't know if you've noticed this, but if nobody calls Skippy out, then Skippy takes the attitude that he owns the place. Everything must meet with his approval, or so he believes.

Absolutely. Skip has got away with this for too long. Since the forum owners are silent over this, I take it as tacit approval for us to police our own forums. Skip needs to be called out every single time he tries to bully someone into accepting his point of view as gospel and fact. This includes pointing out his long rants where he tries to howl down anyone with a view different to his.

The fact that a decision has been made on this in the rules discussion, but he continues to try to subvert it in other threads, is a good example.

And I will call you out for every one your unseemly and insulting remarks, like THIS one.

If you think you have clean hands, sir, GUESS AGAIN

JERK

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Quoting kdh1949:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:

You are free to do whatever you please here in this forum as long as it does not violate the forum Rules set up by Ken.

As am I.

Like I said, if you do not wish to read what I post, block me.

Otherwise, quit your whining!

Hal:

Stop you whining.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKathy
United States Posts: 3,475
Posted:
Please stay on topic. Thank you.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributormdnitoil
United States Posts: 1,777
Posted:
I think the topic has finally been run into the ground now that Ken has amended the rule.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
United States Posts: 13,201
Posted:
Quoting mdnitoil:
Quote:
I think the topic has finally been run into the ground now that Ken has amended the rule.

Too right.  Time for everybody to just let it go.  Some got what they wanted, others did not.  Such is the way of the world. 
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
That's called compromise, Unicus. Something I always actively seek. As a matter of fact, I stated that I had no real opinion on this particular aspect, just brought up some points of view, but as usual instead of discussing the hard line do-nothing users picked an argument instead of discussuion and chose as usual not to address the points I raised. I still have no personal opinion on this topic and am quite satisfied with where Ken has gone.

Skip
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
United States Posts: 13,201
Posted:
Oh please, just stop.
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorDJ Doena
Germany Posts: 6,738
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
That's called compromise, Unicus. Something I always actively seek.
Odo: I'll never understand the humanoid need to ... couple.
Quark: You've never "coupled"?
Odo: I choose not to. Too many compromises. You want to watch the Karo-Net tournament, she wants to listen to music, so you compromise: you listen to music. You like Earth jazz, she prefers Klingon opera, so you compromise: you listen to Klingon opera. So here you were ready to have a nice night watching the Karo-net match and you wind up spending an agonizing evening listening to Klingon opera.
Karsten
DVD Collectors Online

DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorBodi
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting skipnet50:
Quote:
That's called compromise, Unicus. Something I always actively seek. As a matter of fact, I stated that I had no real opinion on this particular aspect, just brought up some points of view, but as usual instead of discussing the hard line do-nothing users picked an argument instead of discussuion and chose as usual not to address the points I raised. I still have no personal opinion on this topic and am quite satisfied with where Ken has gone.

Skip

Riiiight! Sure you do!
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Contribution Discussion Page: 1... 7 8 9 10 11 ...14  Previous   Next