Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1... 6 7 8 9 10 11  Previous   Next
YouTube/Google Video HTML Window
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantbbmountain
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm completely new to this (and completely lost!)  I am able to put the YouTube ID into the notes field without it showing as text (I have the use HTML for notes checked).  What is next?  Do I create a new HTML window & put the code into it?  And what code?  I've gone through the 7 pages of messages here and there have been so many changes that I have no clue as to what to use!  Can someone point me to a message/page that has what I can copy and tell me where to copy it to?  Thanks! 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRossRoy
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting bbmountain:
Quote:
Do I create a new HTML window & put the code into it?

Yes!   

Quote:
And what code?

3rd post (Xyrano's 2nd) from page 5 of this thread looks to me to be the latest version.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantbbmountain
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Many thanks...I had it working within a minute of reading your post    Very cool!!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRandall_Lind
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I have a small issue not really that big of a deal really. When I open DVD Profiler trailers from Video detective will play on my first movie Training Day. I don't even have to be on the trailer window.

if I go to the trailer windows and press stop then go back to notes window for example it doesn't play the trailer again until I click on trailer.

Any idea why it would start playing automatically when I open DVD Profiler no matter what tab or windows I am on?

Normally I have DVD Profiler open with the General Info or Overview window open.
 Last edited: by Randall_Lind
Posted:
Quoting Randall_Lind:
Quote:
Any idea why it would start playing automatically when I open DVD Profiler no matter what tab or windows I am on?

For VideoDetective, there's nothing to be done. VideoDetective is configured to play automatically, no matter what, and that's on VideoDetective's end, not on DVD Profiler or the HTML Window code.

The only way around it is to have the VideoDetective video show as a link instead of embedded.
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It should only play if I click on the trailer window right? However it is playing no matter what window.
Posted:
Quoting Randall_Lind:
Quote:
It should only play if I click on the trailer window right? However it is playing no matter what window.

I guess that would be a bug of DVD Profiler then. That means DVD Profiler loads the window, even though it doesn't have focus.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnolesrule
United States Posts: 366
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Why shouldn't the window load even if it doesn't have focus? I would expect all the windows to load that are being displayed.
Posted:
Nolesrule,
What I mean is the trailer (movie clip) should not load(play) unless I select the trailer tab. That is what I am saying.

Nothing against autoplay just should onlt autoplay when trailer is tab/panel is selected
 Last edited: by Randall_Lind
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantxyrano
41215.reg 70320.urk
Sweden Posts: 646
Posted:
If you select another tab (next to the trailer tab), close then open DVD Profiler. Does the trailer still start its play cycle, even though you have not selected the trailer tab?

Anyway, the main reason there is a "display as link" option in this script is the Video Detective players lack of autoplay control. But, you already know that.
 Last edited: by xyrano
Posted:
When DVD Profiler starts it opens on General Information tab most of the time and the trailer starts to play. if I scroll down the list of DVD trailer for DVD 1 still playing.

If I click on the trailer then stop then go back to another tab everything is normal. I can scroll down and no trailer will play unless I open the trailer tab.
Posted:
Quoting nolesrule:
Quote:
Why shouldn't the window load even if it doesn't have focus? I would expect all the windows to load that are being displayed.

I should've been more clear. I don't mean when it doesn't have focus, I meant when it is hidden away in a non-visible tab.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMike
United States Posts: 453
Posted:
I get the Youtube video but it also shows No Google videos Available
No Video Detective videos Available?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,329
Posted:
If you don't want that to show up... just follow the instructions I quoted below.

Quoting Randall_Lind:
Quote:
Xyrano,

I edit your code alittle

@1.0 inital release
*/
// -------- Configuration block - Start --------
// "Player name", "Notes field attribute", "Player URL", "Player link path", "Player embed path", "Player as link"
var vid = new Array(
  ["Google", "googlevideo=", "http://video.google.com/", "videoplay?docid=", "googleplayer.swf?docId=", false, []],
  ["Video Detective", "videodetective=", "http://www.videodetective.com/", "codes/player.swf?PublishedID=", "codes/player.swf?PublishedID=", true, []],
  ["YouTube", "youtube=", "http://www.youtube.com/", "watch?v=", "v/", false, []],
  ["@"]
);
var asl = false;
var wid = 300; // a width value dividable by 25
var der = true; // Display a 'No * Available' message

I change "true" to "false" in the last line so when I do have a trailer it does show the No available video from other sites.

I love it!
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMike
United States Posts: 453
Posted:
thanks that worked!
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnolesrule
United States Posts: 366
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting RossRoy:
Quote:
Quoting nolesrule:
Quote:

I should've been more clear. I don't mean when it doesn't have focus, I meant when it is hidden away in a non-visible tab.

All the tabs/windows should preload in the background. It speeds up usability.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1... 6 7 8 9 10 11  Previous   Next