Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...11  Previous   Next
YouTube/Google Video HTML Window
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,329
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
hmm... good idea!
Pete
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantxyrano
41215.reg 70320.urk
Sweden Posts: 646
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting nolesrule:
Quote:
Just a request, but I'd like an option to be able to specify the caption for a video or text for each link when using aslink, otherwise multiple videos can be a bit confusing.

Now why didn't I think of that

Would this be a good solution?
<videos youtube=code;code googlevideo=code;code ytaslink=title;title gvaslink=title;title />
this would not put a caption on an embedded video!!!
 Last edited: by xyrano
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRossRoy
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Wouldn't it be better to have the captions alongside the code? Something like:

<videos youtube=<code>//<caption>;<code>//>caption> googlevideo=<code>//<caption>;<code>//<caption> aslink />

And if the // is not there, forget the caption, and ignore it all if it's not aslink, or put the caption right next to the code at the bottom of the embedded video?

I know it's a lot more string management, but makes it a little easier for the user.
 Last edited: by RossRoy
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantxyrano
41215.reg 70320.urk
Sweden Posts: 646
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
See... that's exactly why I asked first this time

I thinking a single forward slash would be sufficient, like this;
<videos youtube=code/caption;code/caption googlevideo=code/caption;code/caption aslink />
but we could use a '¤' char, couldn't we? What are the chances that '¤' is part of the title or code?
<videos youtube=code¤caption;code¤caption googlevideo=code¤caption;code¤caption aslink />
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantTouti
Canada Posts: 582
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Now I know xyrano is gonna hate me but Videodetective.com has some nice trailers and they support embedded videos as well.  I wish I knew enough Javascript to do it myself.  That seems like a lot of code but I'm sure most of it can be removed.  The trailer ID is identified by the "PublishedID" value which I highlighted here.

<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0' width='330' height='280' id='player' align='middle'><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='sameDomain' /><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='PublishedID=975' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.videodetective.com/codes/player.swf' /><param name='menu' value='false' /><param name='quality' value='high' /><param name='wmode' value='transparent' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#ffffff' /><embed src='http://www.videodetective.com/codes/player.swf' menu='false' quality='high' wmode='transparent' bgcolor='#ffffff' width='330' height='280' name='player' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='sameDomain' allowFullScreen='true' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' flashvars='PublishedID=975' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' /></object>

Xyrano, if you feel you've done enough I can try to do it myself this coming week-end.
My 4x4 Club: Club FJ Cruiser Quebec
DVDP Français: Forum DVD Profiler Français
DVDCOL:DVD Collectors Online
Video: LG RU-42PX10
Audio: Sony DreamSystem DAVFX100W
 Last edited: by Touti
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
LOL... are you sorry you read this thread yet xyrano?? 
Pete
Posted:
And we now have a decent title on the thread! Thanks Ken!

And I have learned my lesson... will always make the titles descriptive from the start!
Pete
 Last edited: by Addicted2DVD
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:

I'll see if I can do this myself
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnolesrule
United States Posts: 366
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
How do you type ¤?

But yeah, we do need to be careful for what we use as a separator, since you never know when one of these providers will start using the designated separator character in their ID codes.
 Last edited: by nolesrule
Posted:
Quoting Touti:
Quote:
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:

I'll see if I can do this myself

Wasn't nothing against you Touti!... we all have requests for him! and you never know... he just may be working on it... was just wondering if he was sorry he first got started on this one or not!

I personally would like to caption Embedded ones as well!  but not a huge deal either way.
Pete
Posted:
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:

Wasn't nothing against you Touti!... we all have requests for him! and you never know... he just may be working on it... was just wondering if he was sorry he first got started on this one or not!

I personally would like to caption Embedded ones as well!  but not a huge deal either way.

I know it was nothing against me, I would just like to do my part.  It would be easy if videodetective supported direct links to the video like google but it doesn't.  It requres the whole object to be defined.  I'll try it anyway.
Posted:
Quoting nolesrule:
Quote:
But yeah, we do need to be careful for what we use as a separator, since you never know when one of these providers will start using the designated separator character in their ID codes.

Which is why I put double slash in my "proposal", less chances of it happening. But any character that can be easily typed is alright by me (preferably without having to go to the Character Map).

Touti, I would wait for the answer from Xyrano is I was you. He might come back and post it with it already coded

Unless you feel the need to sharpen your javascript skills 
 Last edited: by RossRoy
Posted:
Quoting RossRoy:
Quote:

Unless you feel the need to sharpen your javascript skills 

I can't really sharpen something that is inexistent but after 20 years as a programmer I should go hide myself in shame if I can't manage to figure out less than a 100 lines of code.....including comments
Posted:
Quoting Touti:
Quote:
I can't really sharpen something that is inexistent but after 20 years as a programmer I should go hide myself in shame if I can't manage to figure out less than a 100 lines of code.....including comments

Yeah I know the feeling. I know next to nothing about JavaScript, but my college degree is computer science, with a specialization in programming. But I've lost almost all of my programming skills, I haven't used them since then. But, it's still there, lurking, because I look at the code from Xyrano, and I can make out what it's doing, even though there's no way I could've coded that myself! 

To think that I graduated in Computer Science, and yet, these days, I do mostly graphics design.. the places a career can take you.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMole
Ex-contributor
United Kingdom Posts: 756
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageDirect link to this postReply with quote
Ah you youngsters!

BSc. (Hons) Computer Science, University of Manchester, 1975

and what do I design these days.......look left....it's a clue 

and before you smart-Alecs ask,....no it's not the Mole!
Chris
 Last edited: by Mole
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantpauls42
Reg: 31/01/2003
United Kingdom Posts: 2,692
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mole:
Quote:

and what do I design these days.......look left....it's a clue 

paper planes? 
Paul
 Last edited: by pauls42
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Layouts and Reports Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ...11  Previous   Next