Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 21 22 23 24 25 ...33  Previous   Next
Moderation Trial
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantIronWaffle
Since April 26, 2001
United States Posts: 145
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kathy:
Quote:
Ken might not moderate the forums the way some would like. But, he has not made the forums toxic, that can only be done by those who are doing the posting.

Agreed. 

Was it Mark Twain who said the cure for anger is to count to ten... then swear?  Maybe if we count to twenty, then remember this is about movies, hobbies and "silleh kittehs" ...
 Last edited: by IronWaffle
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting samuelrichardscott:
Quote:
Good idea Ace.

I know I have been part of the problem, but unlike one user, I won't blame anyone else and instead I accept I have been a part of it. I am trying though.

You are so wrong, San I have repeatedly accepted my responsibility. Unfortunately it is you and those like you who continue to make inflammatory posts like this that put the LIE to your words. If you are serious then I look forward to improved relations in at least one corner, I will watch and see with great curiosity
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorsamuelrichardscott
United Kingdom Posts: 2,650
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Prof. Kingsfield:
Quote:
Unfortunately it is you and those like you who continue to make inflammatory posts like this that put the LIE to your words.

I agree. It was users like me who called out James, made accusations at Kathy, made threads asking if I was the only one actually checking updates, openly defied moderator's requests at starting said threads, mocked said moderators, and accusing everyone of attacks, yet not once actually showing the offensive attacks when asked instead saying that it's obvious.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorm.cellophane
tonight's the night...
United States Posts: 3,480
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Kathy:
Quote:
Ken might not moderate the forums the way some would like. But, he has not made the forums toxic, that can only be done by those who are doing the posting.

Invelos shares complicity in the creation of a hostile environment by allowing a public attack on a vote to stand unedited and unpunished when they previously said they would not tolerate it.
...James

"People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That’s my burden, I guess." ~ Dexter Morgan
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately it is you and those like you who continue to make inflammatory posts like this that put the LIE to your words.

I agree. It was users like me who called out James, made accusations at Kathy, made threads asking if I was the only one actually checking updates, openly defied moderator's requests at starting said threads, mocked said moderators, and accusing everyone of attacks, yet not once actually showing the offensive attacks when asked instead saying that it's obvious.

Sam:

Relative to james, as far as I am concerned he made his own bed, he knows the history and you don't. As for Kathy, I did not attack kathy and I have dealt with Kathy on that, i am amused that kathy did not take any insult until another user presumed it to be an insult on her behalf and there was NEVER any intended insult directed at Kathy...not EVER. but then you would not get that .
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
 Last edited: by Winston Smith
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantVibroCount
The Truth is Silly Putty
United States Posts: 5,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
Well... I don't know the situation... but the only thing I could possibly think of is...

Was this back when the red arrows effected your stars? (now all they do is let mods know of the posts)...

No, I lost my star after the red stars were to call moderators. I never saw a star other than green ones.

I did not call the poster a name. I called the poster's behavior unjust. I stand by that. If you make racist statements, I will state that I believe you've made racist statements and that your behavior is inappropriate. The day after I did this, I lost my star.
If it wasn't for bad taste, I wouldn't have no taste at all.

Cliff
Posted:
Quote:
i am amused that kathy died

Don't be discommodious
Posted:
LOL fat fingers, thank you.

However i will say that i do not think your motives were honest, though i would like to belive they were.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
Posted:
Quote:
but then you would not get that .

I believe this is a backhanded attempt at calling me stupid, and therefor a personal attack. APOLOGY ACCEPTED.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoubleDownAgain
I see better with 'em on
Canada Posts: 1,272
Posted:
Quote:
Quote:
but then you would not get that .

I believe this is a backhanded attempt at calling me stupid, and therefor a personal attack. APOLOGY ACCEPTED.

If the shoe fits..... 
HDTV: 52" Toshiba Regza 52XV545U  AVR: Onkyo TR-707
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Remote: Logitech Harmony One w/ PS3 Adapter WHS: Acer H341 Windows Home Server
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,329
Posted:
Quoting VibroCount:
Quote:
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
Well... I don't know the situation... but the only thing I could possibly think of is...

Was this back when the red arrows effected your stars? (now all they do is let mods know of the posts)...

No, I lost my star after the red stars were to call moderators. I never saw a star other than green ones.

I did not call the poster a name. I called the poster's behavior unjust. I stand by that. If you make racist statements, I will state that I believe you've made racist statements and that your behavior is inappropriate. The day after I did this, I lost my star.

I don't know then. 
Pete
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Sam: That is your assumption, if i was trying to call you stupid, I would have said it outright. Perhaps therein lies the problem, you are trying to read what isn't there, or put another way looking to be offended.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
Posted:
So please tell me what was meant by those words.
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Simply put exactly what was said in context of the rest of the post. You have no clue about the past ten years, or what has transpired behind the scenes.  You are reaching a conclusion based on less than complete information, that does not equate to being stupid, simply that you are reaching an incomplete assumption.

From where I sit Sam, it looks to me like you came to profiler with a chip on your shoulder and I guess i was foolish enough to knock it off. And you seem to want to believe the worst, in at least myself, I don't know why, nor do i really care, I however, if you ever decide to take a different tact, I don't hold grudges, no time, no energy, grudges are wasteful things. Your choice, any time. My preference BTW and something which i am not permitted, is to laugh, at myself, at you(generic), with you (given the chance) and yes even at my favorites...newbs. Laughter is a good thing, and you don't need to tell me how bad my jokes are, I know that, i write most of them myself.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
Posted:
Quote:
Simply put exactly what was said in context of the rest of the post. You have no clue about the past ten years, or what has transpired behind the scenes.  You are reaching a conclusion based on less than complete information, that does not equate to being stupid, simply that you are reaching an incomplete assumption.

I don't need to see the history from 10 years ago, what is important is what is happening now and any updates I've had from James has been welcomed by me. I haven't once seen any proof he is using imdb data (where as I have seen proof that others do) or anything else. He has always been helpful from what I have seen I am 100% positive hasn't knowingly entered false info. I have also not seen any members leave because of him (like Taro and Matthius).
 Last edited: by samuelrichardscott
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantVibroCount
The Truth is Silly Putty
United States Posts: 5,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
So it goes.
If it wasn't for bad taste, I wouldn't have no taste at all.

Cliff
    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 21 22 23 24 25 ...33  Previous   Next