Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 20 21 22 23 24 ...33  Previous   Next
Moderation Trial
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorsamuelrichardscott
United Kingdom Posts: 2,650
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Good to see the personal attack on the previous page removed.

Just a shame we can't get any word from the moderators/Ken/Gerri on anything in this thread.
 Last edited: by samuelrichardscott
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Remove the above. And MOST of the preceding posts.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoubleDownAgain
I see better with 'em on
Canada Posts: 1,272
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Prof. Kingsfield:
Quote:
Double:

That is NOT an attack? Shall I Laugh now?

what part of it is a persoanl attack?
HDTV: 52" Toshiba Regza 52XV545U  AVR: Onkyo TR-707
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Remote: Logitech Harmony One w/ PS3 Adapter WHS: Acer H341 Windows Home Server
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
The entire thing, double
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
I see better with 'em on
Posted:
Quoting Prof. Kingsfield:
Quote:
The entire thing, double

We may have adiffering opinion on what constitutes a 'personal attack'

I have never called you a name, referred to you in a deragatory manner or made any inflamatory comment directed at you.  So in all seriousiness, what part was a personal attack?
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
You have done nothing but attack me since you decided to start posting. You see me as you choose and I see you as i choose, you have yet to make any sort of a comment which is not disparaging, demeaning or insulting in some way. You cam out of the gate yipping a chihuahua at my heels and have not stopeed to even so much as so say something friendly in any way, EVERY post you have made the last several have followed the same insulting tone. I don't know who you are, and frankly the tone you have adopted I am not sure I want to. I don't believe I have ever said ANYTHING to you positive or negative, the same is not true of yourself.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
You referred to bullying let's talk about the group of users who behave like a pack of wolves. They not only gang up with posts, it is all to obvious that they gangup using the rep system to their own benefit, the behavior is all to clear, and I am the bully...HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not a chance.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
I see better with 'em on
Posted:
Skip, this thread was to discuss the 'Moderation Trial', which is obviously not working.

My intention of posting this thread is to give my opinion and thoughts on what is wrong.  I don't think it is all you.  While I think you are probably the biggest offender (I believe you have the most post removed due to personal attacks) I think stricter moderation is required that applies to everyone, so everyone has the same expectations.  If a member can't follow the forum rules then there should be consequences, and they should be the same for no matter who it is.  If the first time doesn't work then the next time should be more severe.  I'm not trying to get you banned or for you to leave.  I do believe you have contributed alot to the database, but I also believe you are the cause of much of the negativity in the forums.  How much of the fighting and the petty bickering all you involved in?  How many members have you had run ins with? 

Take our conversation for example.  You claim that I have personally attacked you, but you have failed to point out one specific instance to support your claim.  I have not called you a name, insulted or made a derogatory comment about you.  If you believe I have please show me where, it was not my intent to bait or insult you.  But I think it's clear to everyone else that you do fly off the handle at times and make inappropriate posts.  We could argue whether or not you were baited but that is really besides the point.  FWIW I don't really agree with those that are quick to jump on you, I can understand it but I don't condone it. 

I think if maybe you didn't respond to some of the things right away, especially the times you are upset it might do some good.  You seem to get ticked off and respond with the first thought that crosses your mind, and those are the times you seem to cross the line.
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
To some moderation is not working...because it's not working the way that they want. They don't get to have their favorite user banned. I too think it's not working, not because I want anyone banned, but I don't think it's necessary, since its inception it has done more to encourage bad behavior than anything else that has ever been done...and worse it has all been predictable. I have seen this behavior before, in places where i have been a moderator, some users just don't know how to behave, as demonstrated by the Spotters, who as I have said came here some time ago, en masse and from Day One demonstrated a marked lack of social skills as a group. Personally, i think they are highly disruptive but i would not ban them.

I think a lot of things, most of which i won't post, but what i see ie very clear and evidently as I said people, including you Double, are allowed to make whatever remarks they wish about Skip, but Skip is not permitted the right of self-dense, nor will any insulting remark by any other user be removed, not EVER. Or so seldom as to be silly, this demonstrated by those haughty users, such as even yourself, who blow and brag about never having been moderated. Trust me, that does not mean that you should not have been.

Ken has made the atmosphere in the Forums toxic and refuses to do anything to change it and i am not referring to banning anyone, that is something that I don't approve of. It became toxic the day he created the Reputation system, I won't say that he ignores it, because i think that the people who want a user banned have only hurt themselves, with posts such as have become commonplace here. BUT, that said I do think it is inequitable that people are literally allowed to disparage and attack a given user, while their own behavior goes ignored, and that user best not defend himself.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
 Last edited: by Winston Smith
I see better with 'em on
Posted:
Again Skip, you haven't pointed out where I attacked you.  If there was something offensive about any of my posts please point it out for me.

You seem to lump me with the rest of the 'Spotters' and maybe that is part of the problem.  You assume we are all the same and feel the same way about everything.

Like I said, I'm not trying to get anyone banned, and this includes you.  I think it's unfortunate that moderation is needed but unfortunately something has to be done.  You obviously don't think any of it's your fault, which I'd disagree with.  But I don't think it's all on you, but you can control your own actions.  If someone attacks you it doesn't mean you have to attack them back.  If there was a system in place that could take care of it then it wouldn't even be a problem.  It works both ways.

I'm also not 'blowing' or 'bragging' about not being moderated.  But how can you point the finger at everyone else when you have been moderated the most?
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAce_of_Sevens
Posted:
I won't say the problem is all one user, but I will say it's mostly one user. Maybe if we all set the forum ignore feature at once, it will sort itself out. We can also request a pinned topic on how to set it. I'm setting it right now.
Posted:
Good idea Ace.

I know I have been part of the problem, but unlike one user, I won't blame anyone else and instead I accept I have been a part of it. I am trying though.
 Last edited: by samuelrichardscott
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAlien Redrum
Proudly blocked by liars.
United States Posts: 1,656
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, Ace, but good idea.

I just used it on sam. 
Reviewer, HorrorTalk.com

"I also refuse to document CLT results and I pay my bills to avoid going to court." - Sam, keeping it real, yo.
Posted:
Quoting Alien Redrum:
Quote:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, Ace, but good idea.

I just used it on sam. 

Does this mean you can't see what I'm typing?

I hope so because it means I can write my true feelings you socially inept retard spotter. (as in dvdspotter, not a spotter of retards)
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAlien Redrum
Proudly blocked by liars.
United States Posts: 1,656
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Reviewer, HorrorTalk.com

"I also refuse to document CLT results and I pay my bills to avoid going to court." - Sam, keeping it real, yo.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKathy
United States Posts: 3,475
Posted:
Ken might not moderate the forums the way some would like. But, he has not made the forums toxic, that can only be done by those who are doing the posting.
    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 20 21 22 23 24 ...33  Previous   Next