Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 19 20 21 22 23 ...33  Previous   Next
Moderation Trial
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAlien Redrum
Proudly blocked by liars.
United States Posts: 1,656
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Prof. Kingsfield:
Quote:
Alien:

I love the cries of innocence and the pointing of fingers at the bully, when  the bully are you and your colleagues.

Please read my post(s) again. You have this odd tendency to either completely ignore or selectively read what suits your reply.

To make it easier for you, I will help you out.

Quote:
I admit that I will not turn the other cheek when some jackass is belligerent (and in turn becoming a jackass myself ZOMG),

Well, would you look at that.

And please stop. I have NEVER attacked a new user. Or crapped on someone's idea in the Features request forum. Only bullies tend to do that sort of thing...

Quote:
You aren't even worthy of bangarang.

I don't even know what that means. Did you mean boomerang? If you did, it still doesn't make sense. 

Quote:
Blahblahblagetyblah It's not me it's you it's everyone else I'm innocent I don't do anything wrong typical response it's all of you you are the guilty ones blah blah blah

We know, Skip.
Reviewer, HorrorTalk.com

"I also refuse to document CLT results and I pay my bills to avoid going to court." - Sam, keeping it real, yo.
 Last edited: by Alien Redrum
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCharlieM
Registered Sept 5 2005
United States Posts: 2,934
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Alien Redrum:
Quote:

Like I said, I see your point (moreso now), but I don't agree that people should just lay down and allow one user to make the lives of others miserable. I don't like this "oh, just ignore him, it's just X being X" attitude because it excuses the behavior. The behavior should not be excused, and if someone is acting like a jackass, they should be called on it - preferably by the mods and if not the mod then his or her peers. Good God, I promise you and (mostly) everyone else reading, if I'm acting like a jackass, call me out on it. You will not get a red from me on it. Not all of you, though. Some of you are as big as jackasses as me.

Like I said, it is difficult, and does take restraint.  But I insult you, you respond, Pete responds, I respond back, James responds, you respond...etc.  Tell me how that does any good, expecially as it continues, it escalates.

We are all faceless out here.  You only know me by my words here.  If you met me in person and went out for Beer, and discussed something outside of these  forums, your perception of me may very well be different.  (I hope not, I try no matter where I am at to act appropriately).

And as far as some of the discussions, they do go over the top at times (from a lot of us), but I truly believe (for the most part) that we argue and all, because we are passionate about the program and all have our own ideas of where it should go.

Charlie
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collection
Forum Moderator: Removed
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
 Last edited: by Forum Moderator
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Ken would you please LOCK this thread
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorPantheon
United Kingdom Posts: 1,819
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quote:
Neill:

I am insulted myself, by the behavior that has been displayed by the user you refer to DoubleDown. He enters into a fray about which he knows next to nothing and proceeds to just start slamming. No, I am not going to moderate my tone for users such as him. I am direct and don't mince words, that has stood my in good stead for 60 years, my friend. My father taught me to hold my ground unless i am proven wrong, that has not happened, and i will hold my ground. There are people who deserve absolute condemnation but that is not me, I have been set upon by a simple minded pack of wolves and ultimately that is my view of them.

According to you insult is fine but you have to take it. No, I don't have to take it and I will NOT take it, from ANYONE.

Then things around here will never improve. If someone insults you Skip then let that person know. Calmly.

There is no need to resort to like-minded insults - that is just sinking to the level of your attacker.

Instead simply state that the person is insulting and move on. Until you can do that this situation will never end.

You insult many people and many people insult you. Neither situation is likely to change until both sides agree that the playground mentality of 'you started it' gets put aside.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorPantheon
United Kingdom Posts: 1,819
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quote:
To use your own term, what a jackass.

Yes, Ken. Please do.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKathy
United States Posts: 3,475
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Lack of restraint, name calling, rude comments, self righteous indignation - how many ways and how long will the community keep on this path? The time and effort spent criticizing and attacking each other is pointless. 

Please stop.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAlien Redrum
Proudly blocked by liars.
United States Posts: 1,656
Posted:
Quoting CharlieM:
Quote:
Like I said, it is difficult, and does take restraint.  But I insult you, you respond, Pete responds, I respond back, James responds, you respond...etc.  Tell me how that does any good, expecially as it continues, it escalates.

Believe me, I completely understand where you are coming from. I see your point, and to an extent I agree with it.

But I also think this has been going on for years. It's past the time of ignoring.

Quote:
We are all faceless out here.  You only know me by my words here.  If you met me in person and went out for Beer, and discussed something outside of these  forums, your perception of me may very well be different.  (I hope not, I try no matter where I am at to act appropriately).

And as far as some of the discussions, they do go over the top at times (from a lot of us), but I truly believe (for the most part) that we argue and all, because we are passionate about the program and all have our own ideas of where it should go.

Charlie

Again, I agree with you.

I've met plenty of people in real life as I have on the forums, and while for the most part they were the same in person as they are online, there were a few that were completely different.

I'm pretty much the same as I am online, but I drop the f bomb a lot more.

Quote:

Again, selective reading. I said call me out when I was acting like one. I expected nothing less, though.

Quoting Pantheon:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Ken. Please do.

Unfortunately, if it is, I fear this will be ignored and swept under the rug. 
Reviewer, HorrorTalk.com

"I also refuse to document CLT results and I pay my bills to avoid going to court." - Sam, keeping it real, yo.
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
I can't argue what you have said, Neill. I will say this and this is why you see me respond as i do. The target is usually me, even by you, have i seen you call any other user on his behavior, I am left to defend myself from the Snerts and their rugby scrums. I have played rugby, my friend, and i know that you know what happens in a scrum....it's not very pretty.       Ummm physical comes to mind...VERY. Sometimes I have even deliberately sat back and said OK, I am not going to respond to this jerk, whoever it may be...do I see anyone else calling him out for his comments...NO. But if I say something it is guaranteed that I will be, you don't see the inequality there Neill. So if you are comfortable enough to push me around, and i won't tell you not to, I think you know me better than that. At least be so kind as to not ignore others that need desperately to be pushed around.

BTW an aside for those that have taken offense to my use of the term Spotters. The reason for it is because you came to profiler in a flock and all started behaving in exactly the same unacceptable manner from Day One. So...there is a reason for the term, you don't like it, then show me that you do know how to behave, either individually or as a group.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Quoting Kathy:
Quote:
Lack of restraint, name calling, rude comments, self righteous indignation - how many ways and how long will the community keep on this path? The time and effort spent criticizing and attacking each other is pointless. 

Please stop.

I apologize, Kathy, i did not start this nonsense. As I have said as far as I am concerned those that started posting in this thread in order to attack a single user should be sanctioned harshly. Had I been ken I would have locked and removed comments in this thread by the dozens. Ihave watched it when it becomes popular and been disgusted by its tone repeatedly, it is now time for Ken to at least LOCK it and not tolerate any other such thread in the future.
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAce_of_Sevens
Posted:
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Oh aren't we clever?
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorDoubleDownAgain
I see better with 'em on
Canada Posts: 1,272
Posted:
Quoting Pantheon:
Quote:
Quote:
Neill:

I am insulted myself, by the behavior that has been displayed by the user you refer to DoubleDown. He enters into a fray about which he knows next to nothing and proceeds to just start slamming. No, I am not going to moderate my tone for users such as him. I am direct and don't mince words, that has stood my in good stead for 60 years, my friend. My father taught me to hold my ground unless i am proven wrong, that has not happened, and i will hold my ground. There are people who deserve absolute condemnation but that is not me, I have been set upon by a simple minded pack of wolves and ultimately that is my view of them.

According to you insult is fine but you have to take it. No, I don't have to take it and I will NOT take it, from ANYONE.

Then things around here will never improve. If someone insults you Skip then let that person know. Calmly.

There is no need to resort to like-minded insults - that is just sinking to the level of your attacker.

Instead simply state that the person is insulting and move on. Until you can do that this situation will never end.

You insult many people and many people insult you. Neither situation is likely to change until both sides agree that the playground mentality of 'you started it' gets put aside.

Skip, you say I just came in and started slamming you, do you care to post evidence to this support this claim?  I have not once you called you a name or said anything inflammatory to you.  I have however commented on your well documented behavior, if you take offense to that then maybe you should look into a mirror.  I also take offense to the face that you attack me because of a low post count.  I have been a member here for a very long time and that doens't give me any less right to post here than you.

You do have a history of personal attacks, such as the one you just posted to me.  In fact in this thread I have not named you out and have stated on many occasions that the rules should apply to everyone not just you specifically.  But you illustrated my point my problem with your posting style, you resorted to my post with needless comments and attacks.

I do assume this thread will be locked and nothing more done more than a simple message and nothing more.  I do understand Kathy's sentiment about stopping this discussion and moving on.  But in the long run that won't do any good as it will just happen in another thread.  I wonder how many lurkers that are out there see this and decide not to participate because of the sour nature of the forums.  MY main reason for posting about it?  To maybe get the situation attention and get a system in place where no one, feels they are being bullied, mocked or attacked which includes yourself as well Skip.
HDTV: 52" Toshiba Regza 52XV545U  AVR: Onkyo TR-707
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 7 v6, CC-190 & Atom Monitors  Subwoofer: Definitive Technology ProSub 800
BD/DVD: Oppo BDP-93 (Region Free)  HD PVR: Motorola DXC3400 500GB w/ 1TB Expander
BD/DVD/Game: 250GB PS3 Slim DVD/Game: 250GB XBox 360 Elite Special Edition (Black) Game: Wii
Remote: Logitech Harmony One w/ PS3 Adapter WHS: Acer H341 Windows Home Server
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Double:

That is NOT an attack? Shall I Laugh now?
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
Don't be discommodious
Posted:
Note to moderator:

Would you care to explain what you view as a personal attack, since this entire thread is nothing but an attack on one user and yet you do not remove any other posts.               Or are you displaying favoritism, as i have suspected. People are free to attack Skip at will and in any form they cjhoose, but if Skip defends himself or fights back......            
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
Outta here

Billy Video
 Last edited: by Winston Smith
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAntares
United States Posts: 599
Posted:
    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 19 20 21 22 23 ...33  Previous   Next