Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 19 20 21 22 23 ...36  Previous   Next
Database Query - Version 3.0 now available
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorJeroenX
Netherlands Posts: 287
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Looks like the problem is solved!
Thanks very much!

Jeroen

Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
I've put up version 2.0.

It should fix the problem when running with other plugins.

I've also added the ability to list tags as a column on any query.

I've also added a couple queries to list profiles where the currency type for SRP and Purchase Price don't match.

The complete details are on the website.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
I know you meant 2.2. 

Just cool your heels there buddy.  This release fixed the version number in the installer and on the plugin itself.  Listing the correct version in my posts here on the forum isn't scheduled until version 1.8.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
 Last edited: by Mark Harrison
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting m.cellophane:
Quote:
Is it possible to query for profiles that have customized crew roles?

That's a good question.  One which I have no answer for!  I believe it should be possible.  But I'll have to look into it.  I suspect the crew are being read already, but since I'm not handling the customized roles, it probably doesn't know what to do with them.  Hopefully they're both accessable and easy to program for!
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorm.cellophane
tonight's the night...
United States Posts: 3,480
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
Quoting m.cellophane:
Quote:
Is it possible to query for profiles that have customized crew roles?

That's a good question.  One which I have no answer for!  I believe it should be possible.  But I'll have to look into it.  I suspect the crew are being read already, but since I'm not handling the customized roles, it probably doesn't know what to do with them.  Hopefully they're both accessable and easy to program for!

Cool. I thought of this when Ken asked what film credits are credited as OMB. I record these as-credited for the ones I've done. But I had no way to access them with a filter. Hope you find a way for next time! 
...James

"People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That’s my burden, I guess." ~ Dexter Morgan
I like IMDB
Posted:
I took a quick peek before bed and it doesn't look like we get that data on crew.  I'll make a post in the plugin area, but at this point I wouldn't expect a change before version 3.7 or whatever.  Still, it doesn't hurt to ask.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantEdwinK
Netherlands Posts: 691
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Going to try it this in a moment. At the moment I removed the BulkEditor plugin, so that can't be the problem. Was running version 2.1 of Mark's plugin.

Will keep the both of you informed.
Unfortunately, I can't use DVDprofiler at the moment due to lack of a Windows computer.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorStaid S Barr
Netherlands Posts: 1,536
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
I've also added a couple queries to list profiles where the currency type for SRP and Purchase Price don't match.

This helps to track errors.    It would also be useful to match currency and locality.

However, the above gives false positives for items in the Wish List, which have no Purchase Price set, and where the comparison with the SRP is made with US Dollars for PP. (This reminds me, in my system the US $ still display as Euros, the Austalian $ are okay though).

And a suggestion: support Custom Media Types?

Thanks for all the great work on this great plugin. After all, what's the use of a database that you can't query? (Or for that matter [hint to Ken], what is the use of forums that you can't search?).
Hans
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Netherlands Posts: 6,018
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Staid S Barr:
Quote:
(Or for that matter [hint to Ken], what is the use of forums that you can't search?).

Feature Request is in place here...
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting Staid S Barr:
Quote:
However, the above gives false positives for items in the Wish List, which have no Purchase Price set, and where the comparison with the SRP is made with US Dollars for PP.

Good point.  I usually exclude Wishlist stuff from those types of queries since it doesn't make sense that something in your wishlist would have a purchase price (if you use the tab as designed).  I'll fix that.

Quote:
(This reminds me, in my system the US $ still display as Euros, the Austalian $ are okay though).

You might just have to send me a back of your database along with exactly which query and parameters you're using so I can try to duplicate it.

Quote:
And a suggestion: support Custom Media Types?

I'm already supporting custom media types.  What specifically did you have in mind?  Is there some queries you'd like to see?  Have you looked at Media Types?  They're just lumped in with the queries for the built-in media types.  But if there's something useful, that can be added.
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting EdwinK:
Quote:
Going to try it this in a moment. At the moment I removed the BulkEditor plugin, so that can't be the problem. Was running version 2.1 of Mark's plugin.

Will keep the both of you informed.

I got your backup and will try to take a look at it soon.
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
Quote:
(This reminds me, in my system the US $ still display as Euros, the Austalian $ are okay though).

You might just have to send me a back of your database along with exactly which query and parameters you're using so I can try to duplicate it.

Actually, in every place where I should see US$, i see the Euro symbol. Probably because that is the default setting in my system, not because of any setting in DVDP (which shows US$ just fine).
Hans
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:

I'm already supporting custom media types.  What specifically did you have in mind?  Is there some queries you'd like to see?  Have you looked at Media Types?  They're just lumped in with the queries for the built-in media types.  But if there's something useful, that can be added.

This is "count profiles by Media Type". The types I defined still have DVD set as first type, and the second type distinguishing subtypes, (for example DVD-R or VHS copy, rather than an actual VHS, which would not have the DVD type set). This second type is supported by DVDP, but I can see why you only count the first type.
Now that I understand it, not a big issue.
Hans
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting Staid S Barr:
Quote:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:

This is "count profiles by Media Type". The types I defined still have DVD set as first type, and the second type distinguishing subtypes, (for example DVD-R or VHS copy, rather than an actual VHS, which would not have the DVD type set). This second type is supported by DVDP, but I can see why you only count the first type.
Now that I understand it, not a big issue.

I don't understand what you mean by "the second type".  But I've not really messed much with custom media types.

I also still don't get the money thing.  It really should be formatting the money correctly unless you've customized English (United States) in your computer's Regional and Language Options.  You might actually check that to see if the currency symbol has been modified.  It's in the control panel.  Not sure what it's named on Vista, but on XP it's Regional and Language Options.
Posted:
When you define a new media type, you have the option (but are not required) to turn off the pre-programmed types. In my case, I left DVD turned on.
The built-in graphs of DVDP actually allow to filter on such types singly or in combination, so building this in the Database Query plugin may be superfluous.
Hans
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMuckl
That's my common name.
Germany Posts: 858
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
I've put up version 2.0.

It should fix the problem when running with other plugins.

I've also added the ability to list tags as a column on any query.

The complete details are on the website.

Thanks a lot!   

1.0.1, iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.1.0

Trivia v0.3.1
My HSDB v5 additions, HTML windows and other stuff
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting Staid S Barr:
Quote:
When you define a new media type, you have the option (but are not required) to turn off the pre-programmed types. In my case, I left DVD turned on.
The built-in graphs of DVDP actually allow to filter on such types singly or in combination, so building this in the Database Query plugin may be superfluous.

I get it now.  I'll give it some thought.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 19 20 21 22 23 ...36  Previous   Next