Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 16 17 18 19 20 ...36  Previous   Next
Database Query - Version 3.0 now available
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
I believe I have that problem squared away thanks to changes Ken made.  But I obviously won't know till people start testing.

The good news (for me) is I've just now reached a stopping point.  Got all the new changes for the beta programmed in!  Got all the requests since the last release done!  It's not 100% complete, but the rest will depend on Ken making changes on his side before I can do more.  Still, other than testing (up next), I'd guess I'm 99% finished as long as future betas don't add major new features.

Mark,

I'd be more than happy to assist you with testing in any way I can. 
Hal
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks Hal.  I'll keep that in mind.  Especially since you were one of the people who can't use the old version.  It would be great to see if that bug is fixed or not.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorruineddaydreams
United States Posts: 1,338
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the amazing plugin as always... I was using it today to find some missing items in the collection and I found some features to request... it should not be that hard, because you already have the reverse done. Based on what I know about how you sort your collection (manual fake parent profiles) I can totally see why you have these features in, but some of us also need the reverse. examples:

Personal Information -> Purchase Price

You have a query for Child profiles with purchase price, and the option to ignore children of manual profiles... however on the Missing Purchase Price query there is no option to filter out children of regular profiles. In order to find profiles that are incorrectly missing a purchase price I need to manually go through and find out what is part of parent box set and what are stand alone movies.

There is a similar situation in the SRP field... no way of filtering out children that should not have a SRP while still detecting movies that are just flat out missing it.

Hope these can be implemented for the new version.

Thanks!
-JoN
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting ruineddaydreams:
Quote:
Based on what I know about how you sort your collection (manual fake parent profiles) I can totally see why you have these features in, but some of us also need the reverse.

I'm sure that's quite true.  I built it for my use and don't always think of the ways others may use it.  It's not until someone lets me know that I even think of it.  So thanks.

Now, with that said, is there a reason you can't filter these out with one of the options in the Filter window?  I see I have the option to filter out child profiles.  Have you tried that?
Who is John Galt?
Posted:
Mark,

Ever since installing build 1380 (now at 1382), I've been getting this error when starting DVDP:

Database Query
Unsupported plugin API version

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Data Base Query from scratch without success.

Any ideas?
Hal
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorlyonsden5
Hello old friends!
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
DbQ V1.5 works. I'll send you a PM Mark
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,329
Posted:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
Mark,

Ever since installing build 1380 (now at 1382), I've been getting this error when starting DVDP:

Database Query
Unsupported plugin API version

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Data Base Query from scratch without success.

Any ideas?

I am getting the same thing... and tried the same thing. I just figured Mark was going to wait for final release now... since any more updates to the program could mess it up again.
Pete
Invelos Software, Inc. RepresentativeKen Cole
Invelos Software
United States Posts: 4,282
Posted:
During development, the api was set at a beta version number.  Now that the api is finalized for 3.6, the mid-build version no longer works.  To function with the released version of 3.6 (including the RC), the plugins will need to be compiled with a release version of the API (the original 3-3.51 version, or the 3.6 vresion).
Invelos Software, Inc. Representative
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantmediadogg
Aim high. Ride the wind.
United States Posts: 6,437
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Addicted2DVD:
Quote:
Quoting hal9g:
I am getting the same thing... and tried the same thing. I just figured Mark was going to wait for final release now... since any more updates to the program could mess it up again.

Don't sweat it. It is a simple fix. Ken gave us the "final" toolkit, and the latest DVDP builds require either it or the 3.5.1 level to work properly. It is a few minutes work for Mark. I'm sure he will make the update soon. (I see Ken beat me to it)
Thanks for your support.
Free Plugins available here.
Advanced plugins available here.
Hey, new product!!! BDPFrog.
 Last edited: by mediadogg
Who is John Galt?
Posted:
Quoting lyonsden5:
Quote:
DbQ V1.5 works. I'll send you a PM Mark

I'm using v1.9.

Ken's post explains the problem.

I'll wait for Mark to update.

Thanks, all.
Hal
I like IMDB
Posted:
Yes, the latest version will work.  Plus there's a few more small changes over what you saw anyway.  Like properly handling ratings (NR, not rating, Adult).  Probably one or two more bug fixes as well.

I have the new version all ready to go.  As soon as Ken releases the final version, I just need to update my website and we'll be set.
Who is John Galt?
Posted:
Excellent.

Thanks, Mark.
Hal
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorlyonsden5
Hello old friends!
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
BTW Mark, I don't think I've told you lately how awesome your plug-in is. I've been using it (the old version) tonight and all I can say is WOW! 

But boy is my collection a mess. 
I like IMDB
Posted:
I've had my changes ready to go for a few days now and was just waiting on Ken to make the final release.  Then when it came, I was at work and couldn't upload things.  Then we had company over for dinner and I couldn't sneak away then either.  Now it looks like the site I use is down for maintenance until tomorrow sometime.

So I have version 2.0 ready to go.  I'll get it up as soon as possible.  Sorry for the delay.
I like IMDB
Posted:
Here's a temporary link that I hope will work until my site is back up:

DatabaseQuery 2.0
 Last edited: by Mark Harrison
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,435
Posted:
Thanks Mark!

Had to click the link rather than using "Save As" but then it eventually downloaded just fine.
Achim [諾亞信; Ya-Shin//Nuo], a German in Taiwan.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 16 17 18 19 20 ...36  Previous   Next