Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 15 16 17 18 19 ...36  Previous   Next
Database Query - Version 3.0 now available
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Rooster6975:
Quote:
1).  I have a fairly large number of unwatched DVDs.  When I have time to watch a DVD, I generally want to watch the longest DVD I can in the time allotted.  I can use DB Query to search for Running Times over 120 mins for instance, but how do I tell it to list the longest movies first?  When I click on the results bar at the end to sort, it does sort correctly by hour but not by minute.  For instance, the movies which are 2+hours are all grouped together with no sorting within the group.  So the first one may be 2hr3 mins and the very next may be 2hr59 mins.

It looks like the running time sort is broke.  I'll have to look into that.

Quote:

2).  How do I do combo queries?  Really what I want is for DB Query to come back and tell me "the longest movie you have not yet watched is......<result>"  And list all the movies by Running Time.  Then I can pick the longest movie I feel like watching given the amount of time I happen to have.

You can do a query for unwatched movies.  Then right-click on the column headers, go to View Columns and choose Running Time.  That should then display that column.  Of course the sort on the running time doesn't work correctly there either.

Quote:

3).  Once I have caught up and watched everything at least once, then I would want to change my query to be, "give me the movies over 2 hours which has been the longest time since I have last watched them".

I would have to add Last Watched Date as a column that can be added with View Columns like Running Time.  I've put that on my to do list.

Quote:

4).  How do I add additional fields to it?  If I want to find all of my Dragon Dynasty DVDs, I used to search on Studio.  With the new 3.5.1 Media Companies field, I now get very few hits.  How do I add Media Companies as a searchable field?

That's not possible until we get a new version of the SDK.  Once that happens, I should be able to add Media Companies, fix the ratings and do a bunch of other stuff.  The good news is it doesn't sound like it's too far away now.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRooster6975
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:

Quote:

That's not possible until we get a new version of the SDK.  Once that happens, I should be able to add Media Companies, fix the ratings and do a bunch of other stuff.  The good news is it doesn't sound like it's too far away now.

Thanks for the reply.  Glad to hear it is not too far away, fortunately I have hundreds of DVDs to watch in order to pass the time.  :-)

R.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMarEll
United Kingdom Posts: 1,208
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Rooster6975:
Quote:
[...]
Thanks for the reply.  Glad to hear it is not too far away, fortunately I have hundreds of DVDs to watch in order to pass the time.  :-)

R.

You actually watch your DVDs?!    Oh I see, you mean in order to contribute the credits 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorruineddaydreams
United States Posts: 1,338
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting MarEll:
Quote:
Quoting Rooster6975:
Quote:
[...]

R.

You actually watch your DVDs?!    Oh I see, you mean in order to contribute the credits 

-JoN
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSidnei Novais
Abunai!!
Brazil Posts: 49
Posted:
Quoting stevegblair:
Quote:
Quoting EdwinK:
Quote:
Looks like a great plugin. Can't get it work yet. Perhaps because I'm running build 1202 now.

Error message:

object reference not set to instance of an object

I have this error as well. I'm using the current version of Profiler (3.5.1)....I've installed the latest version of .NET but still no luck. The error occurs when I click on "Begin"....?

Same problem here. I wonder if the use of custom roles (cast & crew) can't be the cause of this issue. 
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
There should be a new version of this released around the time version 3.6 (now in beta) of the main program is released.  I have one or two collections of people who were having problems and will be testing them to make sure they work now.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAntares
United States Posts: 599
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
There should be a new version of this released around the time version 3.6 (now in beta) of the main program is released.  I have one or two collections of people who were having problems and will be testing them to make sure they work now.

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:

I am pulling for you, Mark. 

I've really missed being able to use this tool!
Hal
I like IMDB
Posted:
I'm working on updating this plug-in.  I'm looking at the new group dividers and wondering what, if anything, people might want to do with this data?  No point wasting a bunch on time on these if there's nothing useful to do with them.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKulju
Finland Posts: 2,337
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
I'm working on updating this plug-in.  I'm looking at the new group dividers and wondering what, if anything, people might want to do with this data?  No point wasting a bunch on time on these if there's nothing useful to do with them.

I personally can't figure out any info that I'd need under group dividers, but I would love to be able to find profiles which have any characters in notes or other features fields. Something like asterix (*) joker search in windows.

Too many profiles still have "2-disc set" etc. under other features and I have written at lot of info to Notes field to "wait for the future" untill program has correct fields for them. Joker search would help me to find these profiles.
I like IMDB
Posted:
The current version already allows for searching like you mention in both Notes and the Other field under Features.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorCharlieM
Registered Sept 5 2005
United States Posts: 2,934
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:

It may be a good idea to include group dividers, especially if you are looking for actors that have no direct assigned roles.

This is a guess, since I do not know the storage method for these.
I like IMDB
Posted:
I'm reading in the group dividers already.  Got that part handled.  But I can't think of any special queries you might want to do on them.  Something above and beyond what you can currently do with the existing dividers we have today.

Just thought I'd throw it out there because some of the best features were ideas others had about doing things with the data that I'd never thought of.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,329
Posted:
I tried to use your plugin today... forgot it wasn't working (Getting the object reference not set to instance of an object error when click begin). Hope you are able to get it all straight mark!
Pete
I like IMDB
Posted:
I believe I have that problem squared away thanks to changes Ken made.  But I obviously won't know till people start testing.

The good news (for me) is I've just now reached a stopping point.  Got all the new changes for the beta programmed in!  Got all the requests since the last release done!  It's not 100% complete, but the rest will depend on Ken making changes on his side before I can do more.  Still, other than testing (up next), I'd guess I'm 99% finished as long as future betas don't add major new features.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorAddicted2DVD
United States Posts: 17,329
Posted:
Woohoo! Great news Mark! 
Pete
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 15 16 17 18 19 ...36  Previous   Next