Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 14 15 16 17 18 ...36  Previous   Next
Database Query - Version 3.0 now available
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
No progress.  But if you email me a backup of your collection, minus the covers, I'd be happy to take another crack at it.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
No progress.  But if you email me a backup of your collection, minus the covers, I'd be happy to take another crack at it.

Just saw your response this minute.  Not sure how I missed it.

Anyway, file has been e-mailed.

Thanks.
Hal
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hal,

I finally got a chance to look at your database.  I was hoping to find a bad profile that was causing the crash, but no such luck.  It's asking the main program to give it the disc IDs so it can read the data into memory but no data returned.  My guess is too many profiles, but that's just a guess.  I can fix the plugin to handle that condition more gracefully, but without the list of profiles, the best I can do at this point is die more gracefully.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantgardibolt
digitally Obsessed
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Astrakan:
Quote:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
It's been a long time since I've looked at the code, but as I recall, we don't currently have access to the headshot data. So I have don't have an easy way to create that query.  But if the new SDK coming someday supports it, I'll add it.

I had a feeling that might be the case when I made the request. Thanks for keeping it in mind though. Here's to the new SDK coming sooner rather than later.

KM

Yeah, that'd be a sweet addition for those of us gathering headshots.  Bang for the buck is great---I love when I add a headshot and it's someone in 43 profiles!
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."
Who is John Galt?
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
Hal,

I finally got a chance to look at your database.  I was hoping to find a bad profile that was causing the crash, but no such luck.  It's asking the main program to give it the disc IDs so it can read the data into memory but no data returned.  My guess is too many profiles, but that's just a guess.  I can fix the plugin to handle that condition more gracefully, but without the list of profiles, the best I can do at this point is die more gracefully.

I guess I have a choice to make.  Sell enough DVDs to get the plugin to work.....or live without the plugin! 

Bummer.  I'm going to miss using that plugin.  Cleanup will be much more difficult from now on. 
Hal
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMarEll
United Kingdom Posts: 1,208
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm not getting the error above but I am having a small problem in that the collection number 'find gaps' query is also finding the duplicates.

When I check each one individually I find that 111, 112 and 236 are duplicates and 1477, 1478 and 1479 are missing. 

Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know.
 Last edited: by MarEll
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantMarEll
United Kingdom Posts: 1,208
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hal-

Have you tried splitting your collection up into 2 or 3 seperate DBs and trying the plugin on each one?  I can't see it being caused by too many profiles if Oldman55 is having the same problem but has less profiles than me.  Could be wrong though.
 Last edited: by MarEll
Who is John Galt?
Posted:
I backed up just my Wishlist (615 profiles), restored it, and ran the query and it worked fine.

I'll do some more testing.
Hal
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorKulju
Finland Posts: 2,337
Posted:
Quoting MarEll:
Quote:
I'm not getting the error above but I am having a small problem in that the collection number 'find gaps' query is also finding the duplicates.

I have the same issue but even stranger. All the gaps that the plugin found wasn't gaps. It also did found a lot of duplicate numbers, where the most of them where on my wish list and therefore doesn't have a collection number at all.

Very often after I have used this plugin, plugin's "on hover movie details" pop-up just appears randomly and hangs on top of all programs, even I have closed the plugin windows a long time ago. Only way get rid of this, is to restart DVDP.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantFangsFirst
Posted:
Quoting hal9g:
Quote:
I backed up just my Wishlist (615 profiles), restored it, and ran the query and it worked fine.

I'll do some more testing.

Maybe restore each separate list? Wish/Order/Own? see if only one causes it? You're probably already thinking that though, or have already done it...
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantUrvogel
Austria Posts: 13
Posted:
Hey Mark
I've just one question: when running Database Query the program stops with an error (Unzulässiges OleAut-Datum - (inadmissable OleAut-Date?)) (OS: MS Vista Home 64Bit). The error occurs after a short time, progress-bar is about 55-60%)
I like IMDB
Posted:
I don't know that error.  What's it mean translated into English?
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorDJ Doena
Germany Posts: 6,738
Posted:
It could either mean "invalid OleAut date" (as in calendar date) or "invalid OleAut data".

@Urvogel: Could you export your collection to XML and check, whether a DVD release date or a purchase date has crap data in it?
Karsten
DVD Collectors Online

Last edited: by DJ Doena
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantUrvogel
Austria Posts: 13
Posted:
I'm sure you're right. invalid is better. I'll try your idea, but it will take some time. thanks
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantgardibolt
digitally Obsessed
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Ran the Query this AM on my collection....running time of two years, four months, 14 days.....

Now I know how I will spend my retirement, anyway. 
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantRooster6975
Posted:
Hi, a few questions about Database Query.

First, thanks for the plugin, works well.  But I was wondering if you could give me advice on how to make use of it for very specific searches :

1).  I have a fairly large number of unwatched DVDs.  When I have time to watch a DVD, I generally want to watch the longest DVD I can in the time allotted.  I can use DB Query to search for Running Times over 120 mins for instance, but how do I tell it to list the longest movies first?  When I click on the results bar at the end to sort, it does sort correctly by hour but not by minute.  For instance, the movies which are 2+hours are all grouped together with no sorting within the group.  So the first one may be 2hr3 mins and the very next may be 2hr59 mins.

2).  How do I do combo queries?  Really what I want is for DB Query to come back and tell me "the longest movie you have not yet watched is......<result>"  And list all the movies by Running Time.  Then I can pick the longest movie I feel like watching given the amount of time I happen to have.

3).  Once I have caught up and watched everything at least once, then I would want to change my query to be, "give me the movies over 2 hours which has been the longest time since I have last watched them".

4).  How do I add additional fields to it?  If I want to find all of my Dragon Dynasty DVDs, I used to search on Studio.  With the new 3.5.1 Media Companies field, I now get very few hits.  How do I add Media Companies as a searchable field?

Thanks,
R.
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 14 15 16 17 18 ...36  Previous   Next