Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 13 14 15 16 17 ...36  Previous   Next
Database Query - Version 3.0 now available
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting antolod:
Quote:
Even waiting can be work Mark, shhhh. Don't let them know you're goofing off.

Why?  I'm goofing off and enjoying every minute of it! I'm not looking forward to getting back into this.  But as soon as the code is ready for us, I'll do just that.  Still, until then I'm goofing off and have no guilt whatsoever.    
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorstevegblair
Canada Posts: 223
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting EdwinK:
Quote:
Looks like a great plugin. Can't get it work yet. Perhaps because I'm running build 1202 now.

Error message:

object reference not set to instance of an object

I have this error as well. I'm using the current version of Profiler (3.5.1)....I've installed the latest version of .NET but still no luck. The error occurs when I click on "Begin"....?
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting stevegblair:
Quote:
Quoting EdwinK:
Quote:
Looks like a great plugin. Can't get it work yet. Perhaps because I'm running build 1202 now.

Error message:

I have this error as well. I'm using the current version of Profiler (3.5.1)....I've installed the latest version of .NET but still no luck. The error occurs when I click on "Begin"....?

I have a backup of someone's database experiencing this problem.  I can reproduce the error, know exactly which line of code is having issues, but I'm not sure why.  I'll look into it some more, but I'm pretty sure it's something new since 3.5.  Hopefully the next version of the SDK will fix it.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,435
Posted:
just to add that I am getting that "object reference not set to instance of an object" in 3.5.1 (and before in previous versions) as well. I thought it was something in my setup or within 3.5.1 I get it for each and every single edit I make. Glad to find the problem has been identified.

Mark, if you need another backup for testing or any other help, let me know.
Achim [諾亞信; Ya-Shin//Nuo], a German in Taiwan.
I like IMDB
Posted:
I asked in the plugin developers forum and no one seems to know what the problem is at this point.  So this might just have to wait for Ken to give us the new code and see if it fixes things.  The good news is that the new SDK for 3.5 since to be pretty high on his list, so hopefully we won't have long to wait at this point.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhydr0x
Germany Posts: 877
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hey Mark,

a "little" feature request: I'm constantly using your awesome plug-in to fix faults in my wishlist (which is huge) and there's one boxset related search I'd love to have: A search for child profiles that are in my database but aren't connected to the boxset. You've got "misplaced children" but that doesn't cover those cases. I'm not sure how complicated this feature would be but it would be awesome
- Jan
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting hydr0x:
Quote:
Hey Mark,

a "little" feature request: I'm constantly using your awesome plug-in to fix faults in my wishlist (which is huge) and there's one boxset related search I'd love to have: A search for child profiles that are in my database but aren't connected to the boxset. You've got "misplaced children" but that doesn't cover those cases. I'm not sure how complicated this feature would be but it would be awesome

Interesting.  I didn't know that was a problem.  But I'll check into it.  Sounds like a good feature.
Posted:
Well, there's three ways this happens:

1) You downloaded the boxset and manually downloaded the children (before we had the new automated system) but forgot to connect them afterwards. I sometimes at 100-200 profiles in a row and sometimes missed some set connections in the past

2) You downloaded the boxset and the children weren't available yet (pre-release profiles or unpopular stuff) and added them later, probably coincidentally.

3) There seems to have been a bug in some 3.X version that split up some boxsets for me?! At least I'm sure I've seen unconnected profiles I was sure I had connected in the past

Thanks for looking into it About your "misplaced" search: What exactly does it do? I ran it yesterday and it didn't give me any results. Does it only look for children attached to the wrong parent!?
- Jan
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting hydr0x:
Quote:
About your "misplaced" search: What exactly does it do? I ran it yesterday and it didn't give me any results. Does it only look for children attached to the wrong parent!?

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it's when you have a child profile and move it without moving the parent.  So if I have a boxset on my wishlist and only end up purchasing one of the titles in the set and add it to my owned collection, it remains attached to the parent profile on my wishlist.  I have to remove it from there first if I want to added it as a child to a different parent.
Posted:
Ah, I see. That explains why nothing shows up for my collection
- Jan
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting hydr0x:
Quote:
Ah, I see. That explains why nothing shows up for my collection

I added it because I create manual profiles to group things.  For example, I have a TV profile in my Owned and another in my Wishlist.  That helps me keep my TV material sorted out from my non-TV material.  So if I buy something on my wishlist and forget to remove it from the TV parent profile there, I can't assign it to the TV parent profile in my owned list.

Perhaps that query should simply be modified to handle your case as well since they're very closely related.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
Improvement Suggestion:

I'd like to be able to run a query that returns people with missing headshots, and sort them by number of profiles they appear in. That way it's easy to focus my headshot hunting on people where it will make the biggest difference.

Thanks, and as I've said before: awesome plugin.

KM
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
 Last edited: by Astrakan
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAntares
United States Posts: 599
Posted:
Quoting Astrakan:
Quote:
Improvement Suggestion:

I'd like to be able to run a query that returns people with missing headshots, and sort them by number of profiles they appear in. That way it's easy to focus my headshot hunting on people where it will make the biggest difference.

Thanks, and as I've said before: awesome plugin.

KM

Good Idea!
 Last edited: by Antares
I like IMDB
Posted:
It's been a long time since I've looked at the code, but as I recall, we don't currently have access to the headshot data. So I have don't have an easy way to create that query.  But if the new SDK coming someday supports it, I'll add it.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
It's been a long time since I've looked at the code, but as I recall, we don't currently have access to the headshot data. So I have don't have an easy way to create that query.  But if the new SDK coming someday supports it, I'll add it.

I had a feeling that might be the case when I made the request. Thanks for keeping it in mind though. Here's to the new SDK coming sooner rather than later.

KM
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar Contributorhal9g
Who is John Galt?
United States Posts: 6,635
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
Quoting stevegblair:
Quote:
Quoting EdwinK:
Quote:

Error message:

I have a backup of someone's database experiencing this problem.  I can reproduce the error, know exactly which line of code is having issues, but I'm not sure why.  I'll look into it some more, but I'm pretty sure it's something new since 3.5.  Hopefully the next version of the SDK will fix it.

Mark,

Any progress on this problem.  I really miss being able to use this plug-in! 
Hal
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 13 14 15 16 17 ...36  Previous   Next