Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 12 13 14 15 16 ...36  Previous   Next
Database Query - Version 3.0 now available
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorReihnold
Germany Posts: 56
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Thanks for the answers! I will try reinstalling SP1.
BTW: The InfoTool does not provide any usable information, because the Hotfixes do not have a name. Since I am a .NET developer with Visual Studio 2008 Pro installed on my machine, I doubt that there is a problem with the .NET framework.
 Last edited: by Reihnold
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAstrakan
Canada Posts: 1,299
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Sorry if this has already been reported. This bug isn't a very big deal at all, since there's a super-easy workaround, but thought I'd bring it up anyway:

On the "Other" tab, if I select "Watched" from the "Field" drop-down, the "Watched by" drop-down under the "Query Parameters" section lists only users that have a last name specified.

If I leave the "Watched by" drop-down set to "All" it does indeed return results from all users, and not just those with a last name specified.

Example:

I have seven users specified under Tools -> Edit Users. Two of them (myself and my wife) only have our first names listed.

The other five users (friends) have both first and last name listed.

And it's those five users that show up when I try to run a query on Watched movies under the Other tab.

Since all I have to do to make it work is add last names to mine and my wife's user accounts this is no big deal, but as I said, I figured I might as well report it.

KM
Tags, tags, bo bags, banana fana fo fags, mi my mo mags, TAGS!
Dolly's not alone. You can also clone profiles.
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
 Last edited: by Astrakan
Posted:
While I'm at it, an improvement request:

When you run a "Watched" query (see my post above) it would be nice to have a "Date last watched" field in the report it returns. Right now it only returns title, prod year, media type and times watched.

Thanks.

Awesome plugin by the way.

KM
You've got questions? You've got answers? Take the DVD Profiler Wiki for a spin.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Astrakan:
Quote:
Since all I have to do to make it work is add last names to mine and my wife's user accounts this is no big deal, but as I said, I figured I might as well report it.

Thanks.  I wasn't aware of this problem.  I can't recreate it, but I am seeing other issues.  For example, I see everyone listed, but I can't get any results when I choose a specific user.

I'll look into it for the next version.

I'll also try to get the "Date last watched" field in there.  That's a good idea!
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorhayley taylor
Past Contributor
United Kingdom Posts: 1,022
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Hi Mark
Is there a way to filter out corporate identifiers and single words on studios such as Ltd, Co, Productions etc?
I've tried but couldn't find a way using the programme

cheer
Rich
I like IMDB
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting richierich:
Quote:
Hi Mark
Is there a way to filter out corporate identifiers and single words on studios such as Ltd, Co, Productions etc?
I've tried but couldn't find a way using the programme

cheer
Rich

I suppose that could be added.  I'm already doing something similar with names.  I'll check into it.
Posted:
Is there somewhere I can run a query on locked profiles?

I looked but couldn't find it anywhere. In case it's not alrady available, here's another improvement suggestion:

It would be very nice to be able to get a list of all locked profiles and preferably what in each profile is locked. Potentially, a report could look like this:

TITLE              FIELDS LOCKED
Heat                cover scans, crew, production
Die Hard          title, cast

etc.

KM
 Last edited: by Astrakan
I like IMDB
Posted:
It looks like locks may be doable.  I'll see about getting something in the next version.
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
It looks like locks may be doable.  I'll see about getting something in the next version.

Nice! Thanks for at least looking into it.

KM
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantEdwinK
Netherlands Posts: 691
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
Looks like a great plugin. Can't get it work yet. Perhaps because I'm running build 1202 now.

Error message:

object reference not set to instance of an object
Unfortunately, I can't use DVDprofiler at the moment due to lack of a Windows computer.
 Last edited: by EdwinK
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantantolod
Since Dec 02, 2003
United States Posts: 940
Posted:
Mark, a user asked a question in the tech support thread about a listing of all cast. I have pointed him in this direction, but there isn't a built in query for a simple listing of all cast. Maybe that would be a future feature to add, alphabetical listing with number of profiles similar to the Top X actor query.

Thanks for a great plugin.
Kevin
 Last edited: by antolod
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantBlair
Resistance is Futile!
United States Posts: 1,249
Posted:
PM this userEdit postDirect link to this postReply with quote
That was me who antolod pointed in this direction. This plugin is wonderful!

I am (another) former DVDSpot member. Much of what can be found in this plugin (and more) is what I loved about DVDSpot that Profiler did not provide.

As is typical for me, I can rarely look over any program that I like without making at least one suggestion for improvement!

1) Title mouseover brings up the cover and a lot of information about the title. How about mouseover the cast/crew names to bring up Cast/Crew information: headshot (if present), name, BY (if present), and "Credited in" number of titles?

2) When starting the program, along with the "Load cast/crew data" option, how about a drop-down box with "Load All", "Load Owned only", "Loan Ordered only", "Load Wishlist only" options for even more speed? (Unless that won't speed things up at all.) Naturally, whatever does not get loaded should be unchecked and greyed out in the filters to keep a user from forgetting that they did not load a tab and can't figure out why adding a checkmark to the box isn't working.

3) When viewing cast/crew information that shows the number of profiles that a cast member occupies, this is obviously helpful if you sort by Number of Profiles, but if you sort by Name, then that number becomes mostly useless unless it is displayed with every name.

Next, I got an error:
Quote:
Error running query: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Hare.DatabaseQuery.EnumerableField.AddRecord(QueryResults results, Profile profile, String value1)
at Hare.DatabaseQuery.EnumerableField.CustomQuery(Profiles& profiles, PredefinedQuery query)
at Hare.DatabaseQuery.QueryControl.RunQuery(PredefinedQuery query, Boolean addHistory, Boolean displayQueryData)

I created it through selecting General Info => Aspect Ratio => <custom> / Not equal to => 2.55.

Also, although, not exact a big issue, SRP does not sort by true value, it sorts by the first number in the amount, then the next number, etc, so in my case, $14.99 is followed by $166.99 and then $19.94. The list ends with $89.98, $9.99.

Last, I also a question if you don't mind.

1) Filter => General Tab => Box Sets. I can understand the benefit of adding or removing the checkmark, but what purpose does the colored "either/or" option serve for this option?

Once again, great work with this plugin!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

He who MUST get the last word in on a pointless, endless argument doesn't win. It makes him the bigger jerk.
 Last edited: by Blair
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorRaymondG
Netherlands Posts: 284
Posted:
Too bad this filter doesn't work properly:

Filter titles with missing rating. Returns all profiles in the database..
My DVD's

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?
Since Dec 02, 2003
Posted:
I'm sure Mark is working on compatibility with 3.5. The tools worked fine, until the version change.
Kevin
I like IMDB
Posted:
Quoting antolod:
Quote:
I'm sure Mark is working on compatibility with 3.5. The tools worked fine, until the version change.

I'd like to be working on it, but I'm still waiting on the new software from Ken so I can make the changes.  Right now there's nothing I can do but wait like everyone else.  As soon as Ken releases the new software, ratings will be the first thing I fix.
Since Dec 02, 2003
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
Quoting antolod:
Quote:

I'd like to be working on it, but I'm still waiting on the new software from Ken so I can make the changes.  Right now there's nothing I can do but wait like everyone else.  As soon as Ken releases the new software, ratings will be the first thing I fix.

Even waiting can be work Mark, shhhh. Don't let them know you're goofing off.
Kevin
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Plugins Page: 1... 12 13 14 15 16 ...36  Previous   Next