Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 8 9 10 11 12 ...33  Previous   Next
Moderation Trial
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorWinston Smith
Don't be discommodious
United States Posts: 21,610
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Who is the one who inserts himself into a discussion with one purpose, surfeur, do you EVER add anythingb to any discussion or do you just insult aas you did here.

Why don't you leave again. Do ALL of us a favor.

Skip    
ASSUME NOTHING!!!!!!
CBE, MBE, MoA and proud of it.
Outta here

Billy Video
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSpaceFreakMicha
Jesus-Freak
Germany Posts: 1,774
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Dr. Killpatient:
Quote:
:exasperated sigh:

Is the trial over?

Some kind of comment concerning the moderation trial would be very welcome.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't get the feeling that the situation has been improved. IMHO the moderators should make more use of "1. warning --> 2. warning --> banning", even if it is just for a few days. A good orientation for them would be, if they could check especially posts that got a red arrow.

And I know, it is time-consuming, but it would be nice, when the moderators could work in shifts, so that always at least one of them is active.
 Last edited: by SpaceFreakMicha
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorsurfeur51
Since July 3, 2003
France Posts: 4,479
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Prof. Kingsfield:
Quote:

Why don't you leave again. Do ALL of us a favor.

If you are so tired of me, you could, first, stop sending me PMs. Though I do not answer them, they took unnecessarily some place on Ken's servers and it's bad for your stomach ulcer to write those.
Images from movies
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributordee1959jay
Netherlands Posts: 6,018
Posted:
Agree with SpaceFreakMicha.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantDr. Killpatient
Here's my card
United States Posts: 5,916
Posted:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:

Ditto.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorArdos
United Kingdom Posts: 2,506
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Dr. Killpatient:
Quote:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:

Ditto.

Ditto!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Posted:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:

Where can I look up the Rules for the use of the Red Arrow? They aren't mentioned in the Forum Rules.
Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
Posted:
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
Quoting dee1959jay:
Quote:

Where can I look up the Rules for the use of the Red Arrow? They aren't mentioned in the Forum Rules.

You get it when giving a red but there's not much said really. Here's what's said -

Quote:
Please note that negative feedback must be warranted, based on the message below. Invelos administrators monitor feedback and may elect to remove or reverse this feedback. Your own user reputation score, and the permission to rate others, depend on accurate feedback, so please ensure this post warrants negative feedback before continuing.
 Last edited: by Ardos
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantMark Harrison
I like IMDB
United States Posts: 3,321
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I used every one of my red votes this morning on a single user.  I didn't even read their posts, I just handed out a red every time I saw one of their posts.

This may at first seem like an abuse of the voting system and I understand those red votes may be removed or reversed.  I also understand that it may have a negative effect on my own reputation score and/or even effect my ability to rate others.

Here's my justification.  This user over the years has chased away a large number of forum members.  His behavior towards others is shameful and continues on a regular basis.  While it's true that this member has contributed much towards "the community" over the years, it is far outweighed, and even negated in my mind, by his behavior.  If such a thing were possible, I'd glad agree to have every one of his contributions removed from the database if only he'd go with them.  Maybe we could get some of the old members to return to fill in the gaps.

Based on those reasons, I feel that my negative feedback actually is warranted and I feel the red votes should stand.  The fact that this user is allowed to be here is offensive to me that's my reason for handing out the red votes.  I plan to continue this protest until Ken clarifies that I'm violating the spirit of the voting system or my voting privileges are revoked.

Forum moderators: Before you delete my post, please check my posting history.  You'll see that I'm not one to post negative comments.  I tend to stay out of the nasty threads and don't tend to contribute to the bashing that goes on around here.  I hope you won't see this as just another abusive post to be censored.  I wouldn't have spoken up except that I believe this situation has gotten too far out of hand.
Get the CSVExport and Database Query plug-ins here.
Create fake parent profiles to organize your collection.
 Last edited: by Mark Harrison
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorreybr
Norway Posts: 906
Posted:
The red arrows doesn't give any negative feedback any longer. They will not be reversed either. This was changed when the moderation trial started. We also got the ability to give 30 negative votes each day instead of just three as it was before. The negative votes aren't even shown to the users receiving the, The only function now is to alert the moderators. (All this according to Ken in an earlier post in this or another thread).

The green arrows are still the same though

The colour of her eyes, were the colour of insanity
 Last edited: by reybr
Here's my card
Posted:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:
I used every one of my red votes this morning on a single user.  I didn't even read their posts, I just handed out a red every time I saw one of their posts.

This may at first seem like an abuse of the voting system and I understand those red votes may be removed or reversed.  I also understand that it may have a negative effect on my own reputation score and/or even effect my ability to rate others.

The problem I see with this is if the Moderators were using the red arrows to identify posts to review, then you're clogging up the works, slowing down the review of posts that legitimately are red arrowed.
Posted:
Quoting Dr. Killpatient:
Quote:
Quoting Mark Harrison:
Quote:

The problem I see with this is if the Moderators were using the red arrows to identify posts to review, then you're clogging up the works, slowing down the review of posts that legitimately are red arrowed.

While that may be true, there really don't seem to be that many posts that require a red. We've had two spam posts by one user a few days ago and the last one before that must be a good couple of months. The actual general posting that goes on by the vast majority of users is pretty good even if we don't always agree with what they say.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorDJ Doena
Germany Posts: 6,738
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting reybr:
Quote:
The only function now is to alert the moderators.

And even that does not seem to work. Both spam threads about iPhone sellings have been up for 3 days now and I bet they received plenty of red arrows.
Karsten
DVD Collectors Online

DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile Registrantjgilligan
Got PEZ?
United States Posts: 171
Posted:
The moderation trial started out strong but has definitely faded.  Too many inappropriate posts are being left for all to see and it appears that little or nothing is being done to those who push or exceed the limits.

The unfortunate outcome is that some long-time respected members of our community are deciding to move on.  We've seen a few come out to state that they were leaving, but how many have just gone away quietly?  Ken has said that the contribution level is still good, but many, if not most, of those contributing rarely if ever participate in the forums.  This forum is one of the great parts of this application.  I would hate to see participation here fall any further.

While I haven't moved on, the atmosphere here has definitely caused me to refrain from posting on many occasions.  I love a good debate, and I'm always interested in working toward a solution to a problem.  But, those seldom happen here.  When viewpoints are opposed and neither side wishes to concede, it gets ugly.

I find all of this quite sad.  It really isn't any more difficult to post in a respectful manner than it is to post rudely.  The anonymity of the internet has made some people too bold. I don't need to have a thicker skin, nor should anybody else.  I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but I do expect to be dealt with in a respectful manner.
Here's my card
Posted:
Quoting jgilligan:
Quote:
clip

Here! Here!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorOldMan56
No Horror Movie is Bad
United States Posts: 1,387
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I am fairly new and inexperienced concerning contributions. But after viewing some of these threads I don't want any part of it It's just not worth the trouble. I will continue to use the program to catalog my collection but that is it. My friends that have seen this program like it but I leave this warning with them you can't go wrong with the program BUT stay away from contributing and the Forms.
I have given my opinion so continue Bickering.
    Invelos Forums->General: Website Discussion Page: 1... 8 9 10 11 12 ...33  Previous   Next